The Ghana National Chamber of Pharmacy, with support from Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (formerly DFID), is happy to announce a call for proposals to develop innovative solutions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, January 29, 2021.
All interested persons are required to read the Guidelines and Criteria before applying. For a copy of the Guidelines and Criteria, please visit the website of the Ghana National Chamber of Pharmacy (https://www.ghchamberofpharmacy.com).
The COVID-19 pandemic has not only disrupted the ongoing activities aimed at supporting the pharmaceutical sector in Ghana but has serious short to long-term implications on the overall performance of the industry. The supply chain disruptions have impacted negatively on Ghana’s pharmaceutical industry which is dependent on imports for active pharmaceutical ingredients, excipients, equipment and machinery. This is at a time when the country is expecting a surge in demand for life saving commodities. The situation is also creating a challenging business environment which may lead to job losses. Currently, the sector employs over 9,600 personnel on permanent or long-term basis with up to 3,000 of these jobs at risk due to the current pandemic. The COVID-19 Support Measures to the Local Pharmaceutical Industry project, is designed to provide matching grants to companies or cluster of companies to address vulnerabilities arising out of the COVID-19 crisis. For details regarding the project’s specific objectives, refer to the Guidelines and Criteria.
How to Apply
1. Visit the website of Ghana National Chamber of Pharmacy using the URL https://portal.ghchamberofpharmacy.com
2. Sign-up to be registered using your email address and password. After signing up, you may sign-in using the same details. Alternatively, you may sign-in with any of the two Social icons; Facebook or Gmail. Note: You would not be able to apply for grant when you sign in as guest user.
3. After signing in, click APPLY FOR GRANT on the top menu.
4. Complete the online form. Make sure to provide all information that is required.
5. Submit form after completion.
You may contact the support team via email: [email protected]