Home Remedies For Heel Pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
Plantar Fasciitis is the most common cause of heel pain & greatly impacts our daily lives and activities like standing, walking, jogging, running, etc. Plantar fasciitis is common among Diabetics, however not exclusive.
The hallmark feature is to experience a sharp shooting pain in the heels while taking a 1st step in morning, and/or after a period of inactivity. This pain is due to an internal swelling secondary to micro-tears in the soft tissues around the heal. This swelling increases during the period of inactivity like sitting and sleeping and pain disappears after walking for about 15-20 minutes.
We suggest a few useful home remedies to help you fight this problem:
1. Give rest to your feet.
2. Use soft footwear at all times.
3. Avoid wearing high heel foot wear.
4. Silicon heel cup shoe-inserts can be used in official footwear.
5. Roll your feet over ice bottle or ice pack at least 3 times a day.
6. Stretching exercises for ankles and toes must be done at least twice a day.
7. Check your blood sugars, thyroid and Vitamin D & B12 levels.
8. Over the counter anti-inflammatory gives good relief from pain.
With the regular implementation of the above methods, in majority of the cases, heel pain subsides completely. However, in some cases, the healing process takes time from a few months to a year and need further treatment like:
1. Local steroid injection.
2. Platelet Rich Plasma injection.
3. Surgical release of Plantar Fascia.
To read more please visit our website url:
Dr. Bakul Arora
Joint Replacement Surgeon