Baked Egg And Pear Recipe For A Refreshing Start
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 1 egg and about 1 cup salad
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
2 tsp. canola oil, divided
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
2 1/2 oz. peeled and cubed avocado (about 1/2 of a medium fruit)
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
2 oz. red onion, peeled and thinly sliced (generous 1/3 cup)
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Crack each egg into a separate bowl without breaking the yolks. Set aside.
- Preheat a small ovenproof pan and add 1 tsp of the canola oil. Gently add the eggs to the pan. Immediately place the pan in the oven. Cook at least 5 minutes, until both the white and yolk are firm. (Infants, young children, older adults, pregnant women, and people with weakened immune systems, including those with diabetes and other chronic illnesses, are particularly vulnerable to foodborne illnesses from bacteria found in undercooked or raw eggs.)
- In a small bowl, add the remaining 1 tsp canola oil, the lime juice, salt, and pepper; whisk the ingredients to create the dressing. Add the avocado, tomato, onion, and cilantro to the dressing, and toss.
- Remove the eggs from the oven. Plate half the salad for each serving and add an egg.