Listen to music while browsing

ADB awaits government approval to list on Ghana Stock Exchange

By Ghana l Joy Business

Agricultural Development Bank (ADB) is awaiting government approval to kickstart the process to list on the Ghana Stock Exchange.

The Bank has already secured approval from Bank of Ghana, the second shareholder in the bank to list.

Managing Director, Steve Kpodzi told JOYBUSINESS the move has become necessary because they need do raise capital to fund an expansion of the bank.

Mr. Kpodzi was speaking to JOYBUSINESS after a sod cutting ceremony for the construction of a $56 million office complex Accra Financial Center.

The office will house ADB's new Headquarters. If the listing materializes the bank could join the likes of GCB, Cocoa Processing Company and Ghana Oil -three former state-owned entities that have listed on the local bourse.

State power generator, VRA is also working on a similar move.Set up in 1965 by Act 286, ADB is wholly publicly-owned.

The Government owns 52 percent of the shareholding, with the remaining 48 percent held by the Financial Investment Trust on behalf of the Bank of Ghana.

In 2004, ADB gained a Universal banking licence under Banking Act 2004 (Act 673) which removed restrictions on banking activity.

He that looks unto the sun(jesus) cannot see shadow(negetivity)
By: Nketiah

Bright Simons' take on Ghana, Cote

Sunday, April 26, 2015

The ITLOS ruling has provided everyone with an interest in public affairs much t ...
read more »

IMF Warns Gov't Over Energy Crisis

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

[B]The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that if government fails to ...
read more »

Maritime dispute: International Tri

Saturday, April 25, 2015

The International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea has ruled that Ghana cannot dr ...
read more »

Times to get harder for Cote d'Ivoi

President of Cote d'Ivoire Alasanne Outtara Monday, April 27, 2015

Former Chief Executive of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC), Tsats ...
read more »