MUM: Mothers Unmatched Mentors
Happy Mother's Day!
I have the acronym MOTHER as – Magicians Out There Having Extraordinary-powers-to Raise-Children
And a MUM! To be - Mothers Unmatched Mentors.
I truly believe and associate with this statement said by Abraham Lincoln "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother”. I trust mothers have and are still playing critical roles in all of our lives as individuals and as a nation. I salute all mothers not only for this day but always for their relentless love, care and support. They are truly unmatched mentors. Their value is priceless.
Today I have complied 10 of my favorite thoughts and quotations on Mothers that I want to share with you, on this special day for Mothers.
1. "All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother”. ─ Abraham Lincoln
2. “God couldn't be everywhere, so He created mothers.” – Jewish Proverb
3. “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.” ― John Lennon.
4. “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. “
~ Washington Irving
5. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." ~ Lin Yutang
6. “My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."
- George Washington
7. “In all my efforts to learn to read, my mother shared fully my ambition and sympathized with me and aided me in every way she could. If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother." - Booker T. Washington
8. Your arms were always open when I needed a hug.
Your heart understood when I needed a friend.
Your gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson.
Your strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly. ~ Sarah Malin
9. “Today we pray for those who are grieving the loss of their mother, maybe even years after they were separated; those who never knew their biological mother, and now yearn for her; those who have experienced the wonder of an adopted mothers love; the families separated by war or conflict. Lord, give them special blessings. Keep us united with Christ, so that we can love in the way He loves us and all people. We ask this for Jesus' sake. Amen.” ~ Unknown
"M" for the Miracle you are to me
"O" for the Opportunities you gave me
"T" for the Trust you have in me, you believed in me
"H" for all the times you Held me when I almost gave up on my dreams
"E" for Enlightening me, timeless lessons you thought me
"R" to say I Respect you and honor you. ~ Bernard Kelvin Clive(BKC)
God bless our homeland Ghana and make our nation great and strong. God bless mother Africa!
Bernard Kelvin Clive
Author | Motivational Speaker