- Jk Partyworld Organises Entrepreneurship Training For Youths
- Thousands Mourn Literary Giant Achebe At Hometown Funeral
- Un Troops In Dr Congo In 'one Or Two Months': Ban
- Don’t Gamble With Amaechi’s Life—acn Tells Speaker
- 300,000 Displaced In Sudan's Darfur This Year: Un
- West Africa’s Fifth Border Information Center Set To Tackle Delays, Costs
- Islamist Bombers Kill 20 In Niger Attacks, Seize Hostages
- African Unity: Half A Century's Checkered Legacy
- Tunisia 'making Progress' Against Terror Groups
- Vale, Rio Tinto Slammed Over Mozambique Resettlements
- Twin Niger Car Bombings 'kill 19'
- Crowds Mourn Literary Giant Achebe At Funeral
- Un Chief Visits Goma After Deadly Fighting
- Nigeria Says Children Detained In Connection With Insurgency
- Nigeria To Free Children Held In Insurgency Swoop
- Chinua Achebe's Body Arrives In Nigeria
- Granting Amnesty To Boko Haram Is Unconstitutional, Says Huriwa
- Nigeria To Release All Women Held For 'terrorism'
- Nigeria Says It Has Retaken Five Islamist Strongholds
- Nigeria Offensive On Islamists Escalates In Key City
- Nigeria Imposes Curfew In Campaign Against Islamists
- Air Strikes, Dozens Dead In Nigeria Assault On Islamists
- British Worker Killed By Kidnappers In Nigeria: Inquest
- Air Strikes, Casualties In Nigeria Offensive On Islamists
- Nigeria Mounts Offensive Against Islamist Insurgents
- 'massive' Troop Deployment In Nigeria's Northeast
- Kenyan Truth Panel Urges President To Apologise
- Kenya 'fine' About Obama Avoiding It On Africa Trip
- Kenya's Deputy Leader Pledges Commitment To Icc Trial
- Kenyans Stage 'greedy Pig' Protest Against Lawmakers
- 40 Psychiatric Patients Escape From Kenya Hospital, 10 Back
- Yemen Tribesmen Kidnap Swiss, Kenyan Red Cross Staff
- Kenyan Conservationist Charged For Ivory Possession
- Kenya Attorney General Disowns Bid To Drop Kenyatta Trial
- Kenya's Amrouche Unfazed By Lowly Position
- Kenya Asks Un To Drop Icc Charges For Kenyatta, Ruto
- Kenya Court Jails Iran Pair For Life On Terror Charges
- Kenya Jails Iranians For Life On Terror Charges
- Britain Mulling Payouts For Kenyan Mau Mau Victims
- S.africa's Zuma Denies Role In Indian Wedding Scandal
- S.africa Interest Rate Unchanged Amid High Inflation
- New Research Says African Commonwealth Economies Are Generally More Competi
- S. African Mps Rubbish Indian Wedding Probe
- Top Artists Headline Standard Bank Joy Of Jazz
- Local Leader Blames Negligence In S. Africa Circumcision Deaths
- Ten S.africa Chrome Miners Hurt In Clash
- S.africa Officials 'used Zuma Name In Wedding Jet Scandal'
- S.african Doctor Returns Home After Uae Detention
- Ritual Circumcision Kills 23 Males In South Africa
- Lonmin Holds Talks To End S.africa Mine Strike
- Eying Re-election, South Africa's Zuma Shifts Gear
- Aids-related Deaths Falling In S. Africa: Agency
JK PartyWorld Organises Entrepreneurship Training For YouthsThursday, May 23, 2013
JK PartyWorld, a fast raising catering and events management outfit, in a bid to empower Nigerian youths and equip them with the necessary tools to succeed in the ever changing 21st century business e ...
Thousands mourn literary giant Achebe at hometown funeralThursday, May 23, 2013
OGIDI, Nigeria (AFP) - Thousands mourned Nigerian writer Chinua Achebe on Thursday at the hometown funeral of the man regarded as the father of modern African literature, best known for his seminal no ...
Nigeria says children detained in connection with insurgencyThursday, May 23, 2013
LAGOS (AFP) - Nigerian authorities have detained children in connection with the Islamist insurgency they are battling, but the government plans to release them under a peace gesture announced this we ...
UN troops in DR Congo in 'one or two months': BanThursday, May 23, 2013
KIGALI (AFP) - UN chief Ban Ki-moon pledged Thursday that UN troops will be in place within "one or two months" to battle armed rebels in the Democratic Republic of Congo's volatile east, as he toured ...
Don’t Gamble With Amaechi’s Life—ACN Tells SpeakerThursday, May 23, 2013
The Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Rivers State Chapter is disturbed over the manner the Speaker, Rivers State House of Assembly; Rt. Hon Otelemaba Dan Amachree and the Chief of Staff, Government H ...
300,000 displaced in Sudan's Darfur this year: UNThursday, May 23, 2013
KHARTOUM (AFP) - A resurgence of fighting in Sudan's western Darfur region has driven 300,000 people from their homes so far this year, UN humanitarian aid chief Valerie Amos said on Thursday. She ...
S.Africa interest rate unchanged amid high inflationThursday, May 23, 2013
JOHANNESBURG (AFP) - The South African Reserve Bank held interest rates unchanged Thursday in the face of high inflation, while warning of major risks to already mediocre growth. A downbeat Reserve ...
Nigeria to free children held in insurgency swoopThursday, May 23, 2013
ABUJA (AFP) - Nigerian authorities have detained children in connection with the Islamist insurgency they are battling, but the government plans to release them under a peace gesture announced this we ...
West Africa’s Fifth Border Information Center Set To Tackle Delays, CostsThursday, May 23, 2013
Elubo, Côte d'Ivoire, May 23, 2013 -The Ministers of Transport of Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana, joined by the U.S. Ambassador to Côte d'Ivoire and the U.S. Ambassador to Ghana, today launched the fifth Bor ...
Obama to take first major Africa trip in late JuneTuesday, May 21, 2013
WASHINGTON (AFP) - President Barack Obama will leave on a first African tour nex ...read more »
Nigeria offensive on Islamists escalates in key citySunday, May 19, 2013
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AFP) - A key city in northeast Nigeria was on lockdown Sunda ...read more »
Editor questioned over Meles' widowThursday, May 16, 2013
Ethiopian police in Addis Ababa questioned an editor for several hours today in ...read more »
Air strikes, dozens dead in Nigeria assault on IslamistsFriday, May 17, 2013
KANO, Nigeria (AFP) - Nigeria's military on Friday attacked Boko Haram Islamist ...read more »
UN calls for 1,100 extra peacekeepers in disputed AbyeiSaturday, May 18, 2013
UNITED NATIONS (AFP) - UN leader Ban Ki-moon on Friday called on the UN Security ...read more »
Malian Tuareg separatists lose key support factionFriday, May 17, 2013
TIMBUKTU, Mali (AFP) - An influential Mali tribal chief has withdrawn his suppor ...read more »