- Algeria Artists Seek Protection After Islamist's Death Call
- Ethiopia Says Ready To Boost Somalia Troops After Sleone Exit
- Tunisia's Essebsi, President At Last At 88
- Veteran Essebsi Wins Tunisia's First Free Presidential Vote
- Burundi Arrests Brother Of Suspected France Islamist Attacker
- Anti-islamist Essebsi Wins Tunisia Presidential Vote
- At Least 20 Killed In Central Africa Clashes: Police
- Anti-islamist Claims Victory In Disputed Tunisia Election
- Imf Policies Criticised Over Ebola Outbreak
- Gabon's Government Seeks To Calm Tensions After Deadly Demo
- Mozambique Rescues Kidnapped 'drug Baron'
- Tunisians Vote For Post-revolution President
- At Least One Killed In Clashes At Gabon Opposition Rally
- Two Blasts Kill At Least 20 In Restive Northern Nigeria
- Nigeria Child Bride Confessed To Killing Husband: Police
- Huge Explosion Rocks Northeast Nigeria Market: Red Cross
- Nigeria Bombing Kills 20 As Boko Haram Storms Another Town
- Bomb Blast At Ne Nigeria Bus Station 'kills At Least 20'
- Guinea Leader Warns Boko Haram Risks Spreading In Region
- Nigeria Military, Islamists Clash Near Site Of Latest Kidnap
- Nigeria Says Reports Of Latest Islamist Kidnap 'unverified'
- Sombre Mood In Nigeria's Chibok For First Christmas Since Kidnap
- Nigerian Peacekeeper Cured Of Ebola In Netherlands
- Vigilantes Patrol Nigerian City After Boko Haram Advance
- Mr. Mohamed Ibn Chambas Strongly Condemns The Renewed Waves Of Attacks In N
- Baird Sickened By Nigerian Abductions
- Prosecutor Wants Ex-i.coast President And Ally Tried Together
- African Nations Should Be More Engaged In Ebola Fight: Ethiopia
- African Leaders Call On Un For Intervention In Libya
- Rita Jeptoo "b" Sample Positive: Athletics Kenya
- Kenyan Leader Signs Controversial Anti-terror Bill Into Law
- Mps Brawl As Kenya Passes Controversial Terror Law
- Kenyan Lawmakers Approve Controversial Anti-terror Bill
- Kenyan Mps In Heated Debate On Terror Law 'that Trims Freedoms'
- Kenyan Mps Debate New Terror Law After Shebab Killings
- Two Kenyan Runners Banned For Doping
- Kenya Shuts 510 Ngos, Some For 'terrorism Financing'
- Kenya's 'maasai Olympics' Fights Dwindling Lion Numbers
- Icc Prosecutor Halts Darfur War Crimes Investigations
- S. Africa's Zuma In 'perfect Condition' After Health Scare
- S.africa's Zuma Vows To Stop Opposition From Disrupting Him
- South Africa Call Up New Boy Rossouw
- Here They Are: 2014 Social Media Awards Africa Finalists Announced!
- Injured De Kock Out Of South Africa's West Indies Series
- South Africa's Steyn Sends West Indies Crashing To Defeat
- Steyn Takes 6 For 34 As South Africa Beat West Indies In 1st Test
- Mozambique Targets Miners Returning From South Africa For Hiv, Tb Tests
- South Africa Dominate With Bat Before Rain
- Amla, De Villiers Put South Africa On Top In First Test
- S.africa's Public Broadcaster Chief Quits Over Bogus Cv
- Triple Strike Lifts West Indies Against South Africa
- South Africa Beat New Zealand To Defend Sevens Title
Egypt's Sisi ratifies electoral constituencies lawMonday, December 22, 2014
Cairo (AFP) - Egypt's President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi on Monday ratified a law finalising the electoral constituencies, his office said, paving the way for much-awaited parliamentary elections. Elec ...
African nations should be more engaged in Ebola fight: EthiopiaMonday, December 22, 2014
Addis Ababa (AFP) - African nations need to be more engaged in the fight against the Ebola virus and stop relying on aid from Western governments, Ethiopia's prime minister said Monday. Hailemariam ...
Clashes in Libya's Benghazi kill 16 pro-government forcesMonday, December 22, 2014
Benghazi (Libya) (AFP) - Clashes on Monday between pro-government forces and Islamist militiamen in Libya's eastern city of Benghazi killed 16 people and wounded dozens, security sources and medics sa ...
Sudan will keep key subsidies in 2015, not raise taxesMonday, December 22, 2014
Khartoum (AFP) - Sudan will keep in place subsidies on wheat and petrol and not raise taxes in 2015, the finance minister said on Monday as he presented next year's budget to parliament. "No new ta ...
Algeria artists seek protection after Islamist's death callMonday, December 22, 2014
Algiers (AFP) - Dozens of Algerian artists urged authorities to protect them against "terror" in a statement posted online Monday, after an Islamist called for a top author to be condemned to death. ...
Two blasts kill at least 20 in restive northern NigeriaMonday, December 22, 2014
Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - Two blasts rocked crisis-hit northern Nigeria on Monday, with one bombing killing at least 20 people and a second explosion setting fire to a market, where heavy casualties were ...
Nigeria child bride confessed to killing husband: policeMonday, December 22, 2014
Gezawa (Nigeria) (AFP) - A packed Nigerian court heard testimony on Monday that a 14-year-old girl admitted to killing her 35-year-old husband with rat poison, and signed a police confession with a th ...
Ethiopia says ready to boost Somalia troops after SLeone exitMonday, December 22, 2014
Addis Ababa (AFP) - Ethiopia said Monday it was ready to boost its troop levels in Somalia to replace soldiers from Sierra Leone, which has been forced to withdraw its forces from the mission over Ebo ...
African leaders call on UN for intervention in LibyaFriday, December 19, 2014
Nouakchott (AFP) - Leaders in the sub-Saharan Sahel region of Africa called Frid ...read more »
Nigeria military, Islamists clash near site of latest kidnapSaturday, December 20, 2014
Maiduguri (Nigeria) (AFP) - Nigerian troops have repelled a Boko Haram attack ne ...read more »
'Boko Haram' kills 32, kidnaps scores in NE NigeriaThursday, December 18, 2014
Maiduguri (Nigeria) (AFP) - Boko Haram militants killed 32 people and kidnapped ...read more »
Nigeria's Jonathan warns spending at risk due to falling oil priceTuesday, December 16, 2014
Abuja (AFP) - President Goodluck Jonathan warned Tuesday that Nigeria could be f ...read more »
Tunisia presidential vote nears climaxFriday, December 19, 2014
Tunis (AFP) - Four years after its revolution sparked the Arab Spring, Tunisia's ...read more »
Sierra Leone launches stiff measures to fight Ebola surgeWednesday, December 17, 2014
Freetown (AFP) - Sierra Leone on Wednesday launched stiff measures to stem the s ...read more »