- Senegal, Mauritania Bet On Oil And Gas In Perilous Climate
- Sahel Jihadists Resorting To Soft Targets: French Commander
- Burundi Economy Battered By Year-long Crisis
- Seaweed Farmers In Hot Water As Zanzibar Struggles
- Comoros Court Orders Partial Re-run Of Presidential Poll
- Seven-try Hurricanes Blow Away Lions In Super Rugby Match
- El Sherbini Youngest-ever World Squash Champ After Comeback
- 14 Killed In Nairobi Floods And Building Collapse
- Thousands Demand Justice For Ex-slaves In Mauritania
- Mauritania Protesters Denounce 'injustice' Against Ex-slaves
- Chad Opposition Demands Deby Reelection Be Declared Invalid
- Mozambique Police Probe Reports Of Mass Grave In Rebel Stronghold
- Divided Un Council Votes To Bring Back Full W. Sahara Mission
- With Help, Africa Targets Coordinated Fight Against Boko Haram
- Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library And Iita Convene Meeting On Zero Hun
- 56 Bishops Witness Burial Of Rev Pa Jmj Emesin, Father Of Igbo Pentecostal
- Nigeria And Pro-biafra Campaigners Step Up War Of Words
- Nigerian Female Artist To Present Painting To Obama
- Nigerian Shiite Group Demands Exhumation After Deadly Clashes
- Nigeria, France Step Up Joint Fight Against Boko Haram
- Climate Change Could Slash Habitat For African Antelopes: Study
- Civilian Casualties From Boko Haram Suicide Attacks Up In 2015: Charity
- Piracy Falls Worldwide But Nigeria Is A Concern: Watchdog
- Secretary-general Appoints Abiodun O. Bashua Of Nigeria To Lead The Special
- Nigeria Taking Action As Piracy And Clashes On Rise
- Chad Extends State Of Emergency In Boko Haram Fight
- Kenya Death Toll After Building Collapse Reaches 16
- Survivors Sought After 17 Killed In Kenya Building Collapse
- Nine Killed In Somalia Mosque Collapse
- Kenya Lights World's Biggest Ivory Bonfire, Demands Tusk Trade Ban
- Rescuers Hunt For Survivors After 10 Killed In Kenya Building Collapse
- Kenya To Torch Vast Ivory Stockpile To Help Save Elephants
- Kenya Torches World's Biggest Ivory Bonfire To Save Elephants
- Kenya Demands Total Ivory Ban To Stop Elephant Slaughter
- Kenya Holds Summit To Stop Elephant Slaughter
- Kenya's Mega Ivory Piles 'will Burn Even If It Snows'
- Kenya Prepares To Torch Tusks In Bid To Stamp Out Ivory Trade
- Kenya Readies To Torch Tusks In Bid To Stamp Out Ivory Trade
- Undp Administrator Helen Clark To Visit Kenya To Promote Wildlife Conservat
- Ghanaian Crowned First 'miss Africa Continent'
- Rescued Lions Roar Into South Africa After Flight From Peru
- South Africa Radical Leftist Party Draws Huge Crowd Ahead Of Vote
- Building Collapse, Floods Kill 19 In Kenyan Capital
- Hunt For Survivors After 10 Killed In Nairobi Building Collapse
- Search For Survivors After Kenya Building Collapse
- 33 Rescued Lions Flown From Peru To S. Africa
- S. Africa Court Rules Zuma Should Face Almost 800 Graft Charges
- South Africa Court Rules Zuma Should Face Almost 800 Graft Charges
- South African Court Rules Dropping Of Zuma Charges 'irrational'
- Planeload Of 33 Rescued Lions To Fly From Peru To S. Africa
- Experts Call For Development Of Continental Qualification Frameworks For En
- Otto's Eagle Sends South African Into Orbit At Volvo China Open
Ghanaian crowned first 'Miss Africa Continent'Sunday, May 1, 2016
Johannesburg (AFP) - Barefoot, wearing traditional costumes including animal hide skirts and elaborately beaded headdresses, the contestants strutted the stage before Ghanaian Rebecca Asamoah was crow ...
With help, Africa targets coordinated fight against Boko HaramSunday, May 1, 2016
N'Djamena (AFP) - With US and European support, African states threatened by Boko Haram are out to smash the militant Islamist group terrorising the region -- but a coordinated response is required if ...
Senegal, Mauritania bet on oil and gas in perilous climateSunday, May 1, 2016
Dakar (AFP) - While petro-states reel from plunging oil prices and gas producers brace for American exports to hit the market, two west African nations are forging ahead with potentially massive extra ...
Sahel jihadists resorting to soft targets: French commanderSunday, May 1, 2016
N'Djamena (AFP) - The commander of a French anti-jihadist force in Africa's northern Sahel says Islamist insurgents are hitting soft targets elsewhere after losing the initiative in the region. Gen ...
Burundi economy battered by year-long crisisSunday, May 1, 2016
Nairobi (AFP) - A year into a political crisis which has claimed about 500 lives, driven a quarter of a million into exile and prompted Western donors to suspend government aid, Burundi's economy is o ...
Five years after bin Laden, Al-Qaeda down but far from outSunday, May 1, 2016
Dubai (AFP) - Five years after the killing of Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden, the network he founded is far from dead even if it has suffered a series of setbacks. Replaced as the preeminent global ...
Seaweed farmers in hot water as Zanzibar strugglesSunday, May 1, 2016
Zanzibar (Tanzania) (AFP) - Waist deep in sparkling blue water off the white beaches of the Indian Ocean spice island of Zanzibar, seaweed farmer Mtumwa Vuai Ameir gently ties seedlings to wood poles. ...
Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library and IITA convene meeting on Zero Hunger in NigeriaSaturday, April 30, 2016
Ibadan, 29 April 2016— The Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) and the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Ibadan on Friday held a stakeholder meeting to draw a road ...
56 Bishops witness burial of Rev Pa JMJ Emesin, Father of Igbo Pentecostal Movement, as Igbo Mandate Congress Commends Massive TurnoutSaturday, April 30, 2016
More than fifty six Bishops mostly from the Anglican and Pentecostal Blocks attended the burial of Rev Pa JMJ Emesin, Father of Igbo Pentecostal Movement at Aguleri yesterday. The massive turnout of s ...
South Sudan rebel chief becomes vice-president and urges unityTuesday, April 26, 2016
Juba (AFP) - South Sudan's rebel chief Riek Machar finally returned to Juba on T ...read more »
South Africa's Zuma in Iran praises 1979 revolutionSunday, April 24, 2016
Tehran (AFP) - South Africa's embattled President Jacob Zuma praised Iran's 1979 ...read more »
Algeria's Bouteflika home after Geneva medical checkFriday, April 29, 2016
Algiers (AFP) - Algeria's President Abdelaziz Bouteflika returned home to the No ...read more »
South Africa's anti-apartheid theatre battles on after 40 yearsTuesday, April 26, 2016
Johannesburg (AFP) - South Africa's Market Theatre opened its doors in downtown ...read more »
Equatorial Guinea's Obiang re-elected president with 93.7 percentThursday, April 28, 2016
Malabo (Equatorial Guinea) (AFP) - Teodoro Obiang Nguema, leader of tiny oil-ric ...read more »
South African court rules dropping of Zuma charges 'irrational'Friday, April 29, 2016
Pretoria (AFP) - A South African judge on Friday delivered a damning verdict aga ...read more »