- Migration Information Centre For Young People Opens In Tunis
- African Union Holds Training Workshop On Explosive Ordinance Disposal
- Gunmen Face Ultimatum In Deadly Tunisia House Siege
- Eu Boosts Ebola Aid For West Africa To 1.0 Billion Euros
- Amla-inspired Proteas Rout Nz To Win Cricket Series
- Botswana Votes As Ruling Party Faces Invigorated Opposition
- Oil Rich Angola Seeks To Pack A Global Punch
- Amla Notches Ton Before Proteas Collapse
- Un Moves To Enforce Somalia Arms, Charcoal Embargoes
- Deal Reached To End Lesotho Military Standoff
- First Case Of Ebola Confirmed In Mali: Health Ministry
- Sierra Leone Leader Says Ebola 'contained By End-2014'
- Au To Send Over 1,000 Health Workers To Ebola-hit West Africa
- Nigeria President Set To Announce Re-election Bid: Source
- Nigeria Risks New Fifa Ban After Court Voids Fa Vote
- Nigeria 'ceasefire' With Boko Haram In Doubt After Fresh Unrest
- Nigerian Schoolgirls Face Uncertainty If They Are Released
- Gunmen Kill At Least 30 In New C. Africa Attacks: Un
- Bombing At Nigeria Bus Station Kills 5
- Blast Rocks Bus Station In North Nigeria: Witnesses
- Lagos 'ebola Hospital' Faces Battle To Recover
- Rotary Announces Us$ 8.4 Million In Grants To Fight Polio In Nigeria
- Nigeria Minister 'optimistic' Boko Haram Will Free Girls
- Vote Should Be Nationwide Despite Unrest: Nigerian Opposition
- Us Says Talks To Free Nigerian Girls Ongoing
- Nigeria Declared Ebola-free In 'spectacular Success'
- African Nations To Send 1,000 Health Workers To Ebola Hotspots
- Rare White Rhino Dies In Kenya, Pushing Breed Close To Extinction
- Kenya Dismisses Catholic Fears Over Tetanus Vaccine
- Tourist Arrivals To Kenya Tumble Over Security Concerns
- Kenyan Separatist Chief Arrested
- Somali Islamist Plot To Attack Ethiopian Capital: Us
- Fy 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement For Ngo Programs Benefiting Refuge
- Kenya's Kipchoge, Jeptoo Win At Chicago Marathon
- Kenya's Eliud Kipchoge Wins Chicago Marathon Men's Title
- Nine Killed In Suspected Ugandan Rebel Attack In Dr Congo: Un
- Crowds Cheer Kenyan Leader's Return From Icc Court
- Philips Announces Collaboration With Power Free Education Technology (pet)
- Uhuru Kenyatta Before The Icc Judges: Victims Need Truth And Justice
- South Africa 282-9 In Second New Zealand Odi
- 'we Don't Want Revenge' On Pistorius, Says Steenkamp's Mother
- South Africa Finance Minister Warns Economy At 'turning Point'
- S.africa At 'turning Point' Says Minister, Cutting Growth View
- South African Inflation Dips To 5.9%: Official Data
- Pistorius Starts Five-year Jail Term For Killing Lover
- Expanding The Artistic Frontiers, Into Africa And Beyond
- Pistorius Sentenced To Five Years In Jail For Killing Girlfriend
- South African Tourism Launches Mahatma Gandhi Inspired Tourist Attractions
- Prosecutors Still Weighing Appeal Of Pistorius Verdict
- Pistorius Jailed For Five Years
- Judge Seeks 'balance' In Pistorius Sentence
- Pistorius In Court For Sentence Over Killing Girlfriend
African Union Holds Training Workshop on Explosive Ordinance DisposalFriday, October 24, 2014
NAIROBI, Kenya, October 24, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- The Commission of the African Union (AU), in partnership with United Nations Mine Action Services (UNMAS) and the Humanitarian Pea ...
Gunmen face ultimatum in deadly Tunisia house siegeFriday, October 24, 2014
Tunis (AFP) - Tunisian authorities warned Friday that they would storm a house where women and children are caught up in a deadly standoff unless the gunmen inside surrender within hours. "We canno ...
Ivory Coast launches manhunt for Ebola suspectFriday, October 24, 2014
Abidjan (AFP) - The Ivory Coast, currently free of the Ebola epidemic ravaging its neighbours, has launched a hunt for a Guinean health worker who may have fled his home country after possibly catchin ...
EU boosts Ebola aid for west Africa to 1.0 billion eurosFriday, October 24, 2014
Brussels (AFP) - European Union leaders agreed at a summit Friday to boost aid to combat the Ebola virus in west Africa to one billion euros ($1.26 billion), EU president Herman Van Rompuy said. "E ...
Amla-inspired Proteas rout NZ to win cricket seriesFriday, October 24, 2014
Mount Maunganui (New Zealand) (AFP) - South Africa crushed New Zealand to claim a 72-run victory in the second one-day international on Friday, inspired by a superb century from opening batsman Hashim ...
Botswana votes as ruling party faces invigorated oppositionFriday, October 24, 2014
SEROWE (Botswana) (AFP) - Polls opened Friday in Botswana's general elections where the ruling party faces a stern test against an invigorated opposition in a country known as one of Africa's most sta ...
Oil rich Angola seeks to pack a global punchFriday, October 24, 2014
Luanda (AFP) - Angola's recent election to the UN Security Council is part of a wider bid to polish its veteran president's image and transform the fast emerging oil-rich country into a regional power ...
Wives not cows: Uganda dowry fuels domestic violenceFriday, October 24, 2014
Bukedea (Uganda) (AFP) - When Ugandan farmer's daughter Rose Akurut became engaged to a man from a village far from her own, her parents could not be more thrilled. But the dowry she would bring -- ...
Nigeria president set to announce re-election bid: sourceThursday, October 23, 2014
Abuja (AFP) - A source close to Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan said on Thu ...read more »
Ebola death toll rises to almost 4,900Thursday, October 23, 2014
Geneva (AFP) - The number of people with Ebola is set to hit 10,000 in West Afri ...read more »
Zambia president flown abroad for medical 'check'Monday, October 20, 2014
Lusaka (AFP) - Zambian President Michael Sata, who has not been seen in public i ...read more »
South Africa rejects hosting Africa Nations CupMonday, October 20, 2014
Johannesburg (AFP) - South Africa is not ready to host the Africa Cup of Nations ...read more »
Clashes in Libya's Benghazi leave more than 20 deadSaturday, October 18, 2014
Benghazi (Libya) (AFP) - Fierce clashes raged in Benghazi on Friday, leaving mor ...read more »
Gunmen kill at least 30 in new C. Africa attacks: UNThursday, October 23, 2014
Bangui (Central African Republic) (AFP) - Gunmen have killed at least 30 people ...read more »