- Two Die In Sierra Leone Riot Sparked By Ebola Tests
- International Military Observers To Deploy In Mozambique
- Doubts Over Angola Snatching Africa's Top Oil Spot
- Rotary Announces Us$2 Million In Grants To Fight Polio In Ethiopia
- Eu And Fao Step Up Action Against Desertification In Africa, Caribbean And
- Rotary Marks World Polio Day 2014 With Us$44.7 Million In Grants To Fight P
- Denis Mukwege: Winner Of Sakharov Prize 2014
- Inauguration Of Unamid Photo Exhibition And Musical Concert In Khartoum
- At Least Four Months To Contain Ebola: Red Cross Chief
- Little Hope For Tunisia Election In Jihadist-hit Kasserine
- Two Cured In Us, Spain, As Ebola Crisis Widens
- Cuban Response To Ebola Outbreak Helps Thaw Relations With Us
- Rwanda's Story Now Growth, Not Genocide: President
- Rotary Announces Us$ 8.4 Million In Grants To Fight Polio In Nigeria
- Nigeria Minister 'optimistic' Boko Haram Will Free Girls
- Vote Should Be Nationwide Despite Unrest: Nigerian Opposition
- Us Says Talks To Free Nigerian Girls Ongoing
- Nigeria Declared Ebola-free In 'spectacular Success'
- Nigerian Elders Question Boko Haram 'ceasefire' Deal
- Nigeria Is Now Free Of Ebola Virus Transmission
- Nigeria Officially Ebola Free: World Health Organization
- Un Rights Chief Blasts Kinshasa For Expelling Top Envoy
- 'ceasefire' Doubts After Attacks Reported In Nigeria
- Nigeria Expected To Be Declared Ebola-free
- Anxious Wait For Nigeria Girls After Boko Haram 'deal'
- Four Killed In Libya Suicide Attack
- Rare White Rhino Dies In Kenya, Pushing Breed Close To Extinction
- Kenya Dismisses Catholic Fears Over Tetanus Vaccine
- Tourist Arrivals To Kenya Tumble Over Security Concerns
- Kenyan Separatist Chief Arrested
- Somali Islamist Plot To Attack Ethiopian Capital: Us
- Fy 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement For Ngo Programs Benefiting Refuge
- Kenya's Kipchoge, Jeptoo Win At Chicago Marathon
- Kenya's Eliud Kipchoge Wins Chicago Marathon Men's Title
- Nine Killed In Suspected Ugandan Rebel Attack In Dr Congo: Un
- Crowds Cheer Kenyan Leader's Return From Icc Court
- Philips Announces Collaboration With Power Free Education Technology (pet)
- Uhuru Kenyatta Before The Icc Judges: Victims Need Truth And Justice
- Kenyatta Becomes First President To Appear Before Icc
- South African Inflation Dips To 5.9%: Official Data
- Pistorius Starts Five-year Jail Term For Killing Lover
- Expanding The Artistic Frontiers, Into Africa And Beyond
- Pistorius Sentenced To Five Years In Jail For Killing Girlfriend
- South African Tourism Launches Mahatma Gandhi Inspired Tourist Attractions
- Prosecutors Still Weighing Appeal Of Pistorius Verdict
- Pistorius Jailed For Five Years
- Judge Seeks 'balance' In Pistorius Sentence
- Pistorius In Court For Sentence Over Killing Girlfriend
- Pistorius Arrives At Court For Sentencing
- Pistorius To Learn Sentence For Killing Girlfriend
- Pistorius Siblings Speak Out On Eve Of Sentencing
- Top Anc Man Shot In South Africa Robbery
International military observers to deploy in MozambiqueWednesday, October 22, 2014
Maputo (AFP) - Military observers from up to nine countries will be deployed across Mozambique later this month, to ensure post-election tensions do not spell a return to violence. Government minis ...
East African leaders in South Sudan to push for peaceWednesday, October 22, 2014
Juba (AFP) - East African leaders met South Sudan President Salva Kiir on Wednesday in the latest push to end over 10 months of a civil war that has devastated the young nation. Ethiopian Prime Min ...
South African inflation dips to 5.9%: official dataWednesday, October 22, 2014
Johannesburg (AFP) - South African inflation slowed to 5.9 percent last month from 6.4 percent in August, falling to within the central bank's target range, official data showed on Wednesday. Stati ...
Uganda 'gay' trial dismissed due to lack of evidenceWednesday, October 22, 2014
Kampala (AFP) - A Ugandan judge dismissed the case Wednesday of two men accused of having homosexual sex, the first since tough laws were repealed, their lawyer said. Kim Mukisa and Jackson Mukasa, ...
Doubts over Angola snatching Africa's top oil spotWednesday, October 22, 2014
Luanda (AFP) - Insiders from Angola's burgeoning oil industry have reacted sceptically to predictions that the rapidly growing nation may be about to overtake Nigeria as Africa's largest oil producer. ...
Rotary announces US$2 million in grants to fight polio in EthiopiaWednesday, October 22, 2014
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia, October 22, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- In advance of the Oct. 24 observance of World Polio Day 2014, Rotary (http://www.rotary.org) announces US$2 million in gran ...
Rotary announces US$ 8.4 million in grants to fight polio in NigeriaWednesday, October 22, 2014
LAGOS, Nigeria, October 22, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- In advance of the Oct. 24 observance of World Polio Day 2014, Rotary (http://www.rotary.org) announces US$ 8.4 million in grants t ...
EU and FAO step up action against desertification in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific / €41 million effort should help end hunger, foster stability and adapt to climate changeWednesday, October 22, 2014
ROME, Italy, October 22, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- The European Union (EU) and FAO in collaboration with the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP) have launched a €41 mi ...
Notice to Congress -- Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Situation in or in Relation to the Democratic Republic of the CongoWednesday, October 22, 2014
WASHINGTON, October 22, 2014/African Press Organization (APO)/ -- NOTICE CONTINUATION OF THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY WITH RESPECT TO THE SITUATION IN OR IN RELATION TO THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF T ...
Nigeria presidential hopeful puts insecurity top of campaign bidWednesday, October 15, 2014
Abuja (AFP) - Nigeria's former military ruler, Muhammadu Buhari, on Wednesday pu ...read more »
Ebola death toll soars to 4,555 out of 9,216 cases: WHOFriday, October 17, 2014
Geneva (AFP) - More than 4,500 people have died in the deadly Ebola outbreak tha ...read more »
Zambia president flown abroad for medical 'check'Monday, October 20, 2014
Lusaka (AFP) - Zambian President Michael Sata, who has not been seen in public i ...read more »
South Africa rejects hosting Africa Nations CupMonday, October 20, 2014
Johannesburg (AFP) - South Africa is not ready to host the Africa Cup of Nations ...read more »
Somali Islamist plot to attack Ethiopian capital: USWednesday, October 15, 2014
Addis Ababa (AFP) - Somali Islamist insurgents are plotting to attack an upmarke ...read more »
Clashes in Libya's Benghazi leave more than 20 deadSaturday, October 18, 2014
Benghazi (Libya) (AFP) - Fierce clashes raged in Benghazi on Friday, leaving mor ...read more »