Reward for person with information on Zito attacker
Accra, Aug. 9, GNA - The Ghana Police Service has instituted a five-million-cedi reward for information leading to the arrest of anybody connected with the attack on the coach of Kumasi Asante Kotoko, Mr Abdul Karim Zito.
In a statement signed by Deputy superintendent of Police (DSP) David S. Eklu, for the Police Public Relations Directorate, said intelligence reports gathered so far indicated that those who attacked the coach were a gang believed to be involved in other violent acts such as street robbery.
Coach Zito was attacked at Kwashieman in Accra on July 30. The Police said they have intensified investigations to identify and apprehend those behind the attack.
Meanwhile, two persons suspected to be involved in mobile phone snatching were on Monday arrested at Korle-Bu and Kaneshie in Accra. According to the statement, the Police would handsomely reward anyone, who gave information leading to the arrest of any gang involved in mobile phone snatching in any part of Accra.
The Police, therefore, appealed to the public to be alert and watchful and report anybody suspected to be involved in phone snatching and other crimes.
Anybody with information should contact the following Senior Police Officers: Director of Operations; Director of Police Public Relations, Police Headquarters and Accra Regional Crime Officer.