FEATURED: Ghana Back To Hipc Not True – Oppong Nkrumah...

29.04.2015 League Report

Honours shared: Hearts of Oak hold AshGold 1-1 in Obuasi

Honours shared: Hearts of Oak hold AshGold 1-1 in Obuasi
Listen to article

AshGold were held to a pulsating 1-1 draw game at home by Hearts of Oak on match day 15 of the ongoing First Capital Plus Bank Premier League on Wednesday at the Obuasi Len Clay sports stadium.

Didier Kore's 29th minute strike shot the host into a first half lead but the Phobians pulled even late in the game courtesy Emmanuel Laryea.

The Miners dominated the Phobians in the early stages of the game as they should have been up by at least 2 goals but the striking pair of Ivorian import Didier Kore and Emmanuel Osei failed to hit the back of net with the Accra based club leaving dangerously in the game.

Hearts of Oak retaliated with some cameo possession but the strong midfield of AshGold overpowered the Phobians as the home side looked deadly when attacking but the ever present Robin Gnagne protected his backline.  However, the Phobians failed to handle the intense pressure from the miners as Didier Kore broke the deadlock in the 29th minute.

After AshGold goal, the away side found their feet in the game as they started to mount pressure on the miners and in the 32nd and 34th minute, Fiamenyo and Thomas Abbey came close but the duo scuffed their shot wide as the first half ended 1-0 advantage the home side.

From recess, the Phobians re-organised themselves as they started the game as the aggressive side but they  failed to break the defensive jaw of the miners which AshGold look much comfortable with the play pattern of the away side.

Hearts of Oak endeavour in getting the equalizer got denied by most occasions by Fatau Dauda in post for the miners, AshGold nearly doubled their lead but Emmnauel Osei scuffed his shot off target leaving Soulama Abdoulaye in post for the Phobians rooted to his spot.

As AshGold searching for their second goal, the head coach of the Accra based club, Herbert Addo  threw all his cards on the field of play as they battled the home side for every 50-50 ball which in the 87th minute mark of the game, Emmnauel Laryea struck the needed equalizing goal for the Phobians from a resulted corner-kick.

With five minutes of time added on after the regulation time both sides failed to update the score sheet as the game ended 1-1 at the Obuasi Len Clay sports stadium.

Powered By Modern Ghana