Accra, June 20, GNA - Mr Bright Akwetey, former Board Secretary of Accra Hearts of Oak has registered his disapproval of the Press Statement issued concerning the Motion of injunction filed at an Accra High Court.
He said his attention has been drawn to the statement that was issued by the Board Secretary of Accra Hearts of Oak football club, on the Club's Congress that was scheduled for June 5th 2004 but that the Court declined to grant an injunction.
Mr Akwetey said the Motion for interlocutory injunction was not moved at all by his Counsel but that it was rather withdrawn when it became clear that the Motion had become redundant since the Congress did not come off at any time.
It would be recalled that Ernest Thompson, Board Secretary of Accra Hearts of Oak last week issued a Press Statement in which he said an Accra High Court had declined to grant an injunction to restrain Hearts of Oak from proceeding with its Congress.
Mr Akwetey said that since the Congress did not come off as scheduled and was not scheduled to come off at any other specified time, it became futile to move the Motion for injunction on a non-existing or abortive Congress.
He said his Counsel therefore withdrew the Motion with the understanding that no Congress would be held before the substantive matter that concerned the rendering of accounts is heard and disposed of.
The former Board Secretary said the cost of 500,000 cedis awarded against his Counsel was normal since his Counsel in his wisdom decided to withdraw the Motion.
Mr Akwetey said it therefore appears that somebody did not appreciate the legal process that unfolded before the judge or that they decided to deliberately misinform the general public. He added, "Let it be known to all who have read or heard that the Motion was dismissed, that the facts have been distorted to serve a mischievous end."
Mr Akwetey said at the appropriate time the proceedings of the court on the day would be made public.