Ho, June 4, GNA - Mr Seth Anyadi, an activist of Ho-Central Constituency of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), has filed a motion at a High Court at Ho to cite two other party officials for acting in contempt of the Court's directives on the election of the Executive of the Constituency.
They are Mr Van Torblu Seshie and Mr Kofi Misre-Boahen, the Volta Regional Secretary of the Party.
Mr Anyadi in his affidavit claimed that the respondents had secretly opened and closed nominations for the election of the constituency Executive, contrary to the Court's order of April 8, this year. The Court presided over by Mr Justice Paul Gyaesayor directed that the nominations be transparent, open and free for all interested persons.
This followed the nullification by the Court of two previous elections last year, which put rival Executive led by Mr Anyadi and Mr Torblu into office.
The affidavit stated that the act was a flagrant affront to the authority of the Court and therefore, the respondents should be committed to prison.
Subsequently, the Court granted the respondents 8 million cedis self-recognisance bail each and adjourned the case to June 23, this year.
Meanwhile, the Court had directed the Interim Management Committee (IMC) of the Constituency to set aside all nominations and re-open fresh nominations for 10 days, starting from June 7, this year. Mr Gyeasayor said the Court's earlier decision gave the IMC the mandate to act as a duly elected Executive of the Constituency and to organise elections in accordance with the Party's Constitution.
Mr Justice Gyeasayor said the elections were to be supervised by the Volta Regional Office the Electoral Commission and that the Regional Secretary of the Party was to be present at such elections but not to organise it.
He warned that if the IMC and the other parties did not comply with the order "the arm of the law would take them to task".