BANNED! Luiz Suarez suspended for 9 matches and 4 months
Uruguay forward Luis Suarez has been suspended for nine matches and banned for four months from any football-related activity for the incident that occurred during the FIFA World game between Italy and Uruguay on 24 June 2014.
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided that:
· The player Luis SuÃ¡rez is regarded as having breached art. 48 par. 1 lit. d of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC) (assault), and art. 57 of the FDC (an act of unsporting behaviour towards another player).
· The player Luis SuÃ¡rez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cupâ„¢ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay's next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team's subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.
· The player Luis SuÃ¡rez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.
· A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis SuÃ¡rez in accordance with art. 21 of the FDC as follows: the player Luis SuÃ¡rez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis SuÃ¡rez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).
· The player Luis SuÃ¡rez is ordered to pay a fine in the amount of CHF 100,000.
The decision was notified to the player and the Uruguayan FA today.