ModernGhanalogo

FEATURED: Just In: Supreme Court Stops Justice Wuni From Hearing Ken Agyapong’s ...

body-container-line-1
31.10.2013 Sports News

GFA reacts to Fifa decision over Cairo venue

By Ghana FA
Listen to article

Ghana remains focused on the World Cup qualifier with Egypt next month despite FIFA's decision to clear Cairo to host next month's game.

FIFA in a letter on Wednesday informed the GFA that the second-leg playoff against Egypt on November 19 will be played in Cairo though there had been a request from Ghana to move the game to a neutral venue after expressing concern at the security situation in the Egyptian capital.

Despite the decision, the GFA says it is totally committed to ensuring that the Black Stars prepare adequately and are well protected in their quest for World Cup qualification.

"The GFA wishes to assure Ghanaians and the football fraternity that we are fully focused on preparing the team to win the match in Cairo and qualify for the 2014 World Cup without compromising on the security of our delegation," said a GFA statement.

"The GFA will soon unveil its preparation plans for the Black Stars ahead of the match in Cairo."

FIFA revealed that following a recent visit by its security inspection delegation it has approved the Air Defence Stadium for the match.

The world governing body also added that it has received security guarantees from the government of Egypt to protect the Black Stars during their visit.

The Black Stars romped to a 6-1 win over Egypt in the first leg of the two-legged play-off in Kumasi on 15 October.

Powered By Modern Ghana
body-container-line