Alhaji Mubarak Mohammed Muntaka, Minister of Youth and Sports on Friday received the Report from the Committee on the February 2009 Baba Yara Sports Stadium disaster.
Four soccer fans died and 417 others injured during a Glo Premier League football match between Kumasi Asante Kotoko and Accra Hearts of Oak.
The five member committee set up to investigate the cause blamed it on what it said was the “unapproved entry into the stadium by some fans.”
Mr. James Marshall Belieb, Chairman of the Committee declined to give details of the findings and recommendations of the Committee to Journalists.
He however said these would be made public after the Report had been studied by the President and a White Paper issued.
The Committee presented two sets of the reports, one to the Sports Minister and the other to the President.
Alhaji Muntaka gave the assurance that the recommendations would be implemented to the letter, adding that the details would be put on the website for public perusal.
He used the occasion to appeal to all individuals to co-operate with the Ghana Football Association (GFA) and support the senior national team, the Black Stars in their World Cup qualification match against their Benin counterparts on Sunday.