OFFICIALS WATER DOWN REPORTS The medical staff at the Essipong Stadium, venue for Ghana's final 2010 qualifying Group match against Lesotho, has denied reports that two persons died before kick-off today(Saturday).
A number of collapsed fans were stretchered from the stands by red-cross men on study during the match.
The situation in the stands was nourished by the over-crowding in the 20,000 seater stadium that was built in for the recently held nations cup.
The stadium doctor, George Gyau, told the BBC that 15 people had been injured but denied local reports that two fans had been killed.
Prior to kick-off the stadium announcer reported the death of a seven year-old boy.
"From the cases I attended to, there were no reports of any dead person. But certain incidences might have happened outside the stadium," Gyau told Ghanasoccernet.com
"There are clinics in Sekondi and some peole might have rushed victims there and died so for now we can say those reports are untrue," a doctor at the Effia-Nkwanta General Hospital in Sekondi told Ghanasoccernet.com
The Regional Football Association and the Regional Sports Council have come under intense criticism for their poor organization of the match.
For more Ghana football news visit www.ghanasoccernet.com