ModernGhana logo
13.07.2005 League Report

RTU 2 Power 0

Listen to article

The Tamale Kaladan Park, the home grounds of Real Tamale United (RTU) is gradually becoming a no-go area for many football clubs in the country in recent times as they added Power FC to the list of clubs that had fallen victims when they beat them by two goals to nil. The first goal was recoded in the 20th minute of the first half through Hamza Mohammed when he expertly converted a free kick outside the 18-yard box straight into the goal.
RTU's outside right, Towfig Alolo was brought down outside the 18- yard area of Power and referee William Agbovi from Koforidua who was at the centre of affairs whistled for a free kick and Hamza effected to the blind side of keeper Quainoo of Power FC.
The early goal gingered up the RTU attackers but erratic shooting upfront and lack of coordination denied them the clear chances to utilize the numerous goal-scoring chances that were created. The first half ended 1-0 in favour of RTU.
When the second half resumed, both teams went into attack with RTU taken control of the midfield and pushing more men forward but the Power FC defence was resolute and warded off all the attacks. On the 78th minute mark, RTU earned a corner kick, which was flown into Power FC goal area and in attempt to prevent an RTU attacker who was in a good position from connecting the ball, a Power FC defender got his hand to the ball.
Referee Agbovi who was right on the spot whistled for a penalty, which Alolo scored to register RTU's second goal. Power FC sensing danger made some changes to strengthen their attack but unfortunately their midfielder, Samuel Arthur was red-carded in the 75th minute for receiving a second yellow card during the first half of the game.
The numerical disadvantage however did not deter the visitors as they burst out from their shield and started firing from all angles forcing RTU to make substitutions to hold them in check until the referee Agbovi brought the game to an end.

Join our Newsletter