The National Democratic Congress (NDC) will upgrade the Winneba Sports College into a state-of-the-art Sports University when we win power after the 2020 General Elections, flagbearer Mr. John Dramani Mahama has noted.
This was revealed by the former President on Monday, September 7, 2020, when the main opposition party launched their manifesto at the University of Professional Studies, Accra.
According to Mr. John Dramani Mahama, his government has set sight on reviving inter-schools and college sports and will ensure they provide sports facilities for the schools.
In addition, the NDC has planned to ‘upgrade the Winneba Sports College into a state-of-the-art Sports University with campuses’.
Check out some of the NDC’s plans for Sports below:
- Develop specific Sports Centres of Excellence in the three geographical zones of Ghana
- Develop a strategic framework for the construction of stadia in all districts across the country to scout for sports talents
- Upgrade the Winneba Sports College into a state-of-the-art Sports University with campuses in selected regions to enhance the human resource base and development of sports in the West African sub-region to provide opportunities for training and capacity building in sports management and administration as well as sports management and science.
- Continue and complete the New Edubiase Stadium started by the NDC Government
- Establish sports recreational facilities in communities in every district.
- Use the Sports Development Fund to assist the Sports Associations to provide and improve remuneration and welfare of local sportsmen and women