2019 Ghana Football Association [GFA] disqualified presidential candidate, Wilfred Osei Kweku Palmer has dared the FA of blowing GH¢40million on various projects since assuming power.
Ahead of the 26th Congress on September 1 at the Ghanaman Soccer of Excellence, the FA has sent a document sent to members indicating that the FA had budgeted the said amount as expenditure for a year.
The amount included estimation on staff salaries, expenditure on competitions, remuneration of Executive Council members among others.
But Osei Palmer an interview with Accra based Angel FM espoused that the document should have been tagged us financial report instead of budget.
The Tema Youth FC boss accused the Kurt Okraku's led administration the money has been spent and are trying to conceal it with the excuse that it is a budget.
“GFA has blown GH¢40million and this is because you can’t have a budget where certain expenditures have been spent and the others are not spent. They anticipated that there will be sponsorship of GH¢17.5million. They anticipated FIFA grant, affiliation fee, government grant and the others. In the FIFA grant they said $250,000 and they claim it’s because of Kurt’s visit. It’s propaganda. FIFA doesn’t work like that”.
“I challenge them to take me to court. I’m telling the clubs that their monies have come and they are trying to claim credit for it. The monies belong to us the clubs”, he said.
Palmer is currently contesting the legitimacy of the current leadership of the FA at the Court of Arbitration for Sports [CAS] following his disqualification from the presidential race last year.
He was found guilty of breaking GFA codes and was thus prevented from contesting the elections that saw the arrival of Kurt Okraku and eleven other Executive Council members.
CAS has set September 1, 2020, as the day it will announce its judgment.