Tel - Mobile: 0233242371573
Email: [email protected]
Tema, Ghana, W.A.
9th January, 2020
The Plight Of An African Author:
John Alex, Hamah
A message and humble appeal to my diaspora brothers and sisters who were in Ghana and
those still in Ghana, Africa to mark the ‘YEAR OF RETURN’ and now by God’s grace, through H.E President Akufo – Addo, “ BEYOND THE RETURN, the DIASPORA DIVIDEND:
- Please permit me to take this unappalled opportunity to welcome you to Ghana, Africa, and to beg you that inspite of your heavy schedules back home and now on this auspicious historic return to your ancestral home, you- that is, as an individual man or woman, institution, group, organization, company, religious group, etc, will still find some precious time to help or assist me in various ways particularly financially to seek legal aid in the US or diplomatically contacts infused with the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) concept to resolve a royalty non- payment controversy between me as AUTHOR and AMAZON, a renowned company based in the United States of America (USA).
- I beg to relate to you that for many years now, Amazon, the company above- mentioned has been trading two books authored by me online and on shelves in the US and the international market without my express authorization and without any payment of royalties from any of the two books to me the Author.
- The two books mentioned above are:
- ‘FAREWELL AFRICA- LIFE AND DEATH OF NKRUMAH’ PUBLISHED IN 1972 AND PRINTED BY TIMES PRESS LTD, APAPA, LAGOS, NIGERIA, WEST AFRICA. AUTHOR, JOHN ALEX HAMAH.
- ‘TOO YOUNG TO DIE- MY ORDEAL IN NSAWAM CONDEMNED CELL’, PUBLISHED IN GHANA 2009 AND PRINTED BY G.PAK, NO.3 GRAPHIC ROAD, ACCRA, GHANA, WEST AFRICA- AUTHOR, JOHN ALEX HAMAH.
- All attempts, requesting AMAZON to inform me the Author and owner of the books, as to
- With what authority it was selling the two books.
- How many books so far sold
- Amount of money realized from sale of the books
- To whom are royalties being paid and how much so far paid, have proved FUTILE.
- What is more puzzling and amazing is that Amazon is claiming and advertising to the world that particularly, the book ‘Farewell Africa- Life and Death of Nkrumah’ published in 1972, the year Nkrumah died and which is still being sold, is a “second- hand” book that AMAZON purchased and still purchasing from original buyers decades ago. This is totally false and a lie; I printed only about 3,500 of the book immediately Nkrumah died and all the copies were bought by avid readers in Nigeria, Ghana and Liberia for only USD 1- (one US dollar) per copy, but AMAZON was selling this so- called “second –hand book” for a whopping USD101.40per copy many years after Nkrumah’s death. Amazon is printing and selling this book online in the US and the international market utilizing modern printing technology. (amazon.com books john alex hamah).
- My second book, ‘TOO YOUNG TO DIE- my ordeal in Nsawam condemned cell’ is being sold by AMAZON online in the US and on the international market without my authorization and without payment of any royalty. AMAZON has printed a US- edition of this book and selling on shelves of US and international book sellers.
I am therefor respectfully and humbly appealing to you my Brothers and Sisters in your different capacities and capabilities, to come to my aid in seeking legal redress or alternatively to utilize any appropriate mediatory mechanisms convenient to you to liaise with JEFF BEZOS and the management of Amazon for Amazon to pay me all royalties due the AUTHOR of the two books and also rectify all anomalies related to the sale of the books.
- There is no doubt that if you accede to assist me in this royalty saga, the whole world will see your action and involvement to help a suffering, cheated and exploited African Author as an epical novel dynamics of humanitarianism.
- I thank you all in prayerful anticipation of a favourable, prompt and amicable resolution of this rather messy royalty controversy, to assuage the untold humiliation and plight I have endured all these years.
GOD BLESS, GUIDE AND GUARD you all, and may HE help us to prevent the possible emergence of intellectual colonialism in Africa.
(JOHN ALEX HAMAH)
AUTHOR: ‘FAREWELL AFRICA’ and ‘TOO YOUNG TO DIE’
H.E. Nana Akufo –Addo
President of Ghana
The Jubilee House
Ghana, West Africa.
H.E Donald Trump
President, United States of America
The White House
Mr. JEFF BEZOS
410 TERRY Ave,
WA 98109- 5210
- Jeff @amazon.com
- Mr. CHAD BUNDY
Copyright / Trade Mark Agent
- (http s://www createspace 3387331)
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not neccessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana. Modern Ghana will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article."