We take this opportunity to forward our kind compliments to Nana Kodwo Kru II, the Paramount Chief of Komenda Traditional Area and wish to set the records straight in relation to the abandoned Komenda Sugar Factory.
1. In the past weeks Nana has made public statements suggesting that the Komenda Sugar Factory did not produce any sugar during the test run period in 2016.
2. The above statement attributable to Nana Kodwo Kru II has been his main theme any time issues of the now abandoned Komenda Sugar Factory crop up.
3. Given the respect we have for Nana, we have come short of issuing a rebuttal but we now want to put on record that everyone of Nana's claims relative to Komenda Sugar Factory and its test run production of sugar is completely untrue.
4. For the avoidance of doubt, Nana Kodwo Kru II was allocated 100kg of sugar of 50kg bag each.
5. This was known to every member of the Komenda Sugar Project Management Board present at the test run in June, 2016.
6. It therefore surprises all and sandry that Nana Kodwo Kru II, who should be the first person to defend the viability of the Komenda Sugar Factory project now grants radio interviews to discredit the project for reasons known to him alone.
7. Indeed, Nananom in Nana Kodwo Kru II's palace such as Nana Ebo Jones (Head of the Royal Family), Nana Efua Badu II, the Queenmother of Komenda Traditional Area all tasted samples of the test run sugar and indeed vouched for it's quality. By God's grace these two elders are alive, healthy, and kicking and can be contacted as witnesses who know the truth about the now abandoned Komenda Sugar Factory.
8. We add that on the 27th October 2016, the Project Manager of Seftech India Private Limited handed over available bags of test run sugar and molasses to the Managing Director of the Komenda Sugar Development Company Limited. (Please find attached documents relative to the sugar hand over for your perusal.)
9. Just as we have always done in the face of wicked propaganda, lies, and smear campaign about the John Mahama-constructed Komenda Sugar Factory, we once again strongly reiterate that the Komenda Sugar Factory as bequeathed to the Akufo Addo/ NPP administration was always viable, economically productive and overly suitable to provide jobs and its related benefits to the good people of Komenda-Edina-Eguafo-Abirem and Ghana as a whole.
10. Consequently, we will humbly call on Nana Kodwo Kru II and all who have spoken untruths about the viability of the Komenda Sugar Factory to desist from doing so as the fight for the operationalisation of the factory is not a partisan one, but one that will bring enduring benefits to Komenda and Ghana.
11. We put on record that our quest to put out the truth about the viability of the Komenda Sugar Factory is without prejudice to the respect and authority of Nana Kodwo Kru II and Nananom.
Long Live Komenda-Edina-Eguafo-Abirem
Long Live Ghana
Ransford Chatman Vanni-Amoah
(Former Member/ Secretary - Komenda Sugar Project Management Board)