The office of the Member of Parliament for Ablekuma West, Mrs. Ursula Owusu-Ekuful has described as false a publication by an online portal that the lawmaker called Ghanaians witches for complaining about the NPP government.
The minister is demanding a retraction and apology from all media houses which carried the online portal story for the false story which has received wide circulation, readership.
Read full statement below: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE The attention of the Office of the Member of Parliament for Ablekuma West, Mrs. Ursula Owusu-Ekuful has been drawn to the false and misleading headline and story, originally published by Mynewsgh, on 21st October, 2019 and which has subsequently been published by other media houses, suggesting that the Member of Parliament has called Ghanaians witches for complaining about the NPP government.
- The Member of Parliament never called anyone a witch for complaining.
- She merely touted the NPP Government’s achievements as remarkable and tangible and asserted that only blind propagandists would feign ignorance of these visible achievements which were obvious and had touched every home in this country.
- The Member of Parliament urged the youth to boldly respond to propagandists with the truth and to itemise the strides made by the NPP government in the past two and half years, just as the vice president, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia recently did during the NABCO anniversary celebrations. She never instructed the youth to shut complainants down as the news article purportedly suggested.
- We take serious exception to this false story which has received wide circulation, readership, and subsequent publication from other media houses and demand a retraction and apology.
- The Office also urges the public to disregard these false media reports and treat them with the contempt they deserve. Mrs. Owusu-Ekuful respects the right of all Ghanaians to have their own opinions about any issue though she may not agree with it. She will continuously proclaim the envious achievements of the NPP Government to all and not relent in defusing the false reportage and vile propaganda put out by others.
Truth is the only antidote for lies and propaganda.
ISSUED BY THE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT.