Accra, 10th October 2019: The 3rd Africa Oil & Gas Local Content Sustainability Summit (ALCSS 2019) has started at the phenomenal Movenpick Ambassador Hotel in Accra, Ghana. The conference organised by AME Trade Ltd is supported by the African Petroleum Producers Organisation (APPO) and the Ministry of Energy in Ghana, and hosted by the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) and the Petroleum Commission. ALC 2019 gathered over 155 participants on its first day from 19 countries of the Private and Public sectors in the Oil & Gas Industry.
The opening ceremony has started with the addresses and remarks of Mahad Ahmed, Managing Director of AME Trade, Mahaman Laouan Gaya, Secretary General of APPO, Mr Prince Benjamin Aboagye, Deputy CEO, Petroleum Commission Ghana, Dr Kofi Koduah Sarpong, CEO, GNPC and finally Lawrence Apaalse, Chief Director, Ministry of Energy, Republic of Ghana. ALCSS 2019 is sponsored by SNPC and NIPEX, the supporting Partners are Lonadek, Invest in Africa, UPSPAG, GOGSPA, AHK-Ghana and Global Business reports.
During the first day of ALCSS, 17 expert speakers have discussed the strategies and challenges of sustainable local content policies and implementation, but also corporate strategies for meeting local content requirements in African countries and finally the vision of SNPC Group. Amongst many subjects, ALCSS 2019 has already showcased National and International Oil Companies (NOCs and IOCs) that have worked in unison to increase local content expediently and to develop communities through social economic enhancement. They have finally analysed the experiences of some SME’s and Local enterprises in sourcing finance for local content policies.
The first day of ALCSS summit has been a tremendous event. Our most exceptional speakers at the event included:
- Mahaman Laouan Gaya, Secretary General, APPO
- Mr Prince Benjamin Aboagye, Deputy CEO, Petroleum Commission Ghana
- Dr Kofi Koduah Sarpong, CEO, GNPC
- Lawrence Apaalse, Chief Director, Ministry of Energy, Republic of Ghana
- Dr Kwame Amoah Baah-Nuakoh, General Manager, Sustainability, GNPC
- Mr Rachid Amui, Economic Affairs Officer, UNCTAD
- Mr Douglas Zormelo, President, UPSPAG, Ghana
- Mrs Pearl Ackah, Private sector Team leader, Economic Growth, USAID
- Mrs Aphrodite Oddet, Head of Communication, SNPC, Congo
- Jennifer Bruce Konuah, Local content Manager, Tullow Oil
- Mr Karl Ngakakala, Head of Downstream, SNPC, Congo
For more information please visit: https://africalocalcontent.com/