The Ga Paramountcy has denied knowing one Nii Adama Latse II as Ga Mantse after he was purportedly snubbed by some appointees of the President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
In a statement, the Paramountcy stated that Nii Adama Latse II is not the Ga Mantse of the Ga state as reported in the story published on 3news.com.
Below is the full statement:
The attention of the Ga Paramount Stool Dsase has been drawn to a news item circulating on Social Media and purported to be pinned to 3news.com with a heading “Call your Men to the Oder” which seeks to put out a lot of false information from the Ga Paramountcy.
We, the Accredited Elders & Principal Members of the Ga Paramount Stool Dzase and the entire Ga State Paramountcy emphatically repeat that we have not installed anyone by name Nii Adama Latse II a.k.a Mr. George Tackie to any royal position let alone put out any information regarding that.
We emphasize the following:-
- The purported George Tackie (Nii Adama Latse II) is not a royal from any of the 3 Royal Gates of Nii Teiko Tsuru We being Teiko Doku, Korkoi Fio or Adarku Ashong Gates from which candidates can be nominated to ascend unto the Ga Royal Stool. Mr. George Tackie does not hail maternally or paternally from any of the royal gates in Nii Tackie Commey We, Amugi We or from Abola Piam and therefore does not have any royal blood in him. That is the basic qualifier to be considered for any position.
- There was a sitting Ga Mantse in the person of Dr. Joe Blanskon a.k.a. King Tackie Tawiah III with the powers of the Greater Accra Regional House of Chiefs to perform the functions and duties of Ga Mantse until the final determination of the consolidated Petition instituted to challenge his installation, how could Mr. George Tackie be installed on the 11th June, 2011, whilst the above-mentioned petition was under adjudication before the Regional House?
- Mr. George Tackie was the 5th petitioner in Suit No GARHC/P4/2006 against King Tackie Tawiah III, why didn’t he respect the laws of the very same GARHC which he today desires to be associated with by following their proceedings until the final determination on the 1st April, 2014 which Ruled that the Ga Stool was vacant and that a new candidate could be installed, without any controversy, thereby nullifying the purported installation of Adama Latse on the 11th June, 2011..
- The Appeal Court, Accra has a pending case against Mr. George Tackie (Suit No. H3/338/2012, the Republic Vrs George Tackie and 6 others Ex-parte: King Tackie Tawiah III) and his cohorts due to the fact that King Tackie Tawiah III cited them for contempt of the Ruling of the Judicial Committee of the GARHC dated 18th July, 2008, which makes it impossible for him to be gazetted by any lawful means except by FRAUDULENT means within four (4) days of his request obviously without due diligence being followed according to the Chieftaincy Act.
- Numerous petitions and protests were made against Mr. George Tackie for their uncustomary and unlawfully break into the Ga Mantse Stool House and Ga Mantse Palace by the Ga Dzase Council and the Ga Traditional Council as far back as June, 2011 to no avail. How can he seek to be a member of any gathering of royals?
- The Final Ruling on the Consolidated Petition at the Judicial Committee of the GARHC was adjudicated upon and released on 2nd February 2015 mandating the Ga Paramount Stool Dzasetse and to put their houses in order and install the rightful Ga Mantse. This directive was adhered to leading to the installation of Dr. Kelvin Tackie as Ga Mantse with his name King Tackie Teiko Tsuru II on the 20th October, 2017.
- It is the mandate of the Ga Dzasetse, currently in the person of Nii (Dr.) Tetteh Kwei II, who by two (2) Rulings of the Judicial Committee of the Ga Traditional Council dated 9th August, 2010 and 8th February, 2018 was declared as the substantive GA Paramount Stool and the only Principal Kingmaker, to install a Ga Mantse which he has so rightfully performed and nothing can change that in history.
It is so unfortunate that successful and well-meaning Personalities who have done so well for themselves in their individual careers and equally fared well in their appointments by Government to serve the people of Ghana have been mentioned in that reported news item by 3news.com by no better a person than the Nii Adama Latse II, just for wanting to ascend unto the Ga Royal Paramount Stool, a place/path where none of his ancestors (bloodline) have ever tried to walk.
The Ga Paramountcy wishes to assure all that there is NO TENSION in the Ga State. The peace that has been enjoyed over the months and years will continue to reign over the Ga State through this Homowo Festival and even afterwards.
No one or group of people will be entertained should they try to cause an uproar. The Ga Paramountcy desires all peace-loving Gamei to hoot at any such group just as we hooted at hunger in the past by not participating in any of their nefarious activities which will brings any untold hardship or acrimony to our people and our unique customs and traditions this year’s Homowo celebrations.
The Ga Paramountcy wishes all Diasporans, Tourists, Visitors and Gamei the very best of the Homowo 2019. Ga, the centre of the world wishes all the best, Accra, live-in, love-it, take-a-piece with you.