Twenty-one rushed to hospitals for food poisoning
Brakwa (C/R), Dec 6, GNA - Twenty one people, who ate ntsitsii (fish soup) prepared by Ama Fuaah, a cooked food seller at Brakwa, were rushed to Brakwa Health Centre and Breman Asikuma Catholic Hospital, last Tuesday.
The victims, who were running diarrhoea and vomiting, were admitted but have since been discharged.
When Ama Fuaah heard that people, who had eaten her soup, had been rushed to the hospital, she collapsed and was also rushed to the Brakwa Health Centre, where she was treated and discharged. Speaking to the Ghana News Agency at Brakwa over the weekend, the Disease Control Officer, Mr John Annor and the Environmental Health Assistant, Miss Victoria Efuah Brown said the District Director of Health Services for Asikuma-Odoben-Brakwa District, Dr Amozou Mohongoh directed them on November 29, 2005 to destroy the food being sold by Ama Fuaah because of the number of diarrhoea cases he was handling at the Hospital.
Ama Fuaah explained that one Madam Saguaah from Koromantse had been supplying her with the fish since a year ago and did not understand what happened.
The Health Officers said that since no life was lost they would not press charges against Ama Fuaah and Madam Saguaah.