15 Facts About The Late Justice VCRAC Crabbe
Former Supreme Court judge Vincent Cyril Richard Arthur Charles Crabbe, died on Friday , September 7, 2018 after a short illness.
Until his death, he was the co-chair of the Coalition of Domestic Election Observers (CODEO).
But there are many other things about his life that you may not know.
Here are 15 of them:
1. The late Justice V.C.R.A.C Crabbe was an old student of Accra Academy
2. He studied Economics at the City of London College Moorgate, London from 1950 to 1952
3. He was admitted to read law in 1952 to the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
4. He completed the normal three-year law course in two years
5. He was enrolled as a member of the Gold Coast Bar in 1955
6. He was a Professor of Legislative drafting at the Cave Hill Campus, Barbados, University of West Indies
7. Justice V.C.R.A.C Crabbe was the first Chairperson of Ghana’s Electoral Commission
8. He was part of the team that drafted Zambia’s Constitution
9. He was elected a fellow of the Ghana Academy of Arts and Science in 2007
10. He worked with the Fiajoe Review Commission for the review of the 1992 Constitution of Ghana
11. He worked with the Constitutional Review Commission of Kenya, and was Leader of the group of Draftspersons who drafted the Kenya Constitution.
12. He played a major role in the setting up of the Constitutional Court in South Africa
13. V.C.R.A.C. Crabbe was a leading figure in the drafting of the 1969 Constitution of Ghana
14. He was the Chairman of the 1979 Constituent Assembly and took part in drafting the 1979 Constitution of Ghana
15. He held the post of First Parliamentary Counsel and Constitutional Adviser to the Uganda Government