modernghana logo

FEATURED: What A Reader In Ghana Wrote To Yours Truly: The Baptism Of Adam Revea...

July 11, 2018 | Business & Finance

Ghanaian Exporters Converge At UKGCC Forum

Ghanaian Exporters Converge At UKGCC Forum

Hundreds of Ghanaian exporters have expressed interest in trading with the UK if they are provided they get the support they need.

At the UK Ghana Export Forum organised by the UK Ghana Chamber of Commerce (UKGCC) in Accra last Thursday, the exporters lamented the frequent changes in export laws and requirements as well as lack of funds necessary to expand their businesses and meet standards that allow them to compete with both local and international companies already dominating the UK market.

The objective of the forum was to educate Ghanaian businesses on the necessary export requirements. The forum emphasized the need for businesses to desist from cutting corners and comply with exportation principles and laws to enable them gain the trust of UK buyers.

711201853615 8584434452104 5357929973759

Photo: Derrick Cobbinah, Operations Manager at UKGCC

In a panel discussion led by the General Manager of Blue Skies, Mrs. Ruth Agyei, Deputy Head of the Department for International Trade, Ms. Selasi Nukpe, Director of Marketing at the Ghana Export Promotion Authority, Mrs. Agnes Gifty Agyei-Sam, Head of Business Development, Ghana Exim Bank, Mr. Bright Darko and Regional Trade Policy Advisor of the Department for International Development, Mr. Quentin De Roquefeuil, participants were advised to be on top of the competition in their businesses by demonstrating commitment, being socially accountable and environmentally responsible.

Participants were also briefed on the need to legally register their businesses through the appropriate organizations and advised to explore partnership opportunities as a means of growing their businesses.

In his welcome address, the Operations Manager of the UKGCC, Mr. Derrick Cobbinah mentioned that the forum was significant to the operations of its members as most of them desired to export their products to the UK.

He concluded that the chamber will continue to work towards bridging the trading gap between the two countries – Ghana and the UK.

Story by Ghana | | GN

Video News

quot-img-1The corrupt ministers will pocket 90% and still fight with his people over the rest 10%

By: FRANCIS TAWIAH(Duisb quot-img-1