Work halts on Asankrangwa Sec. School Girl's dormitory.
Asankrangwa (W/R) Aug. 20, GNA- Mr. Josephus L. Bagbin, Headmaster of the Asankrangwa Secondary School (ASANKO) said ongoing works on the girl's dormitory destroyed by fire about two years ago is at a standstill.
He said this would seriously affect new admissions of the school in September this year.
Mr. Bagbin, who was speaking to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in an interview at Asankrangwa on Thursday, said the building, which should have been completed by August 31 this year, was only 50 per cent complete.
He said due to the limited dormitory facilities, many of the girls had been sent home while a few others were being accommodated in temporary classroom blocks on campus.
Mr. Bagbin disclosed that the school was currently constructing a four-unit girls dormitory through its own internal generated funds, to increase the admission of more girls.
The Project is at the roofing level but lack of funds had prevented the school management from completing the entire project. He therefore appealed to philanthropists, non-governmental organisations and the general public to come to the aid of the school, to make Secondary education accessible to many children. Mr. Bagbin noted that that school's assembly hall cannot contain the over 1,000 students due to its size.
"We have made several efforts to get a new assembly hall but no positive response has been received."