Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: Can We Blame Religion For Africa’s Economic Woes?...

04.07.2005 Tabloid News

Teacher allegedly murders colleague over woman


Sekondi, July 4, GNA - Clement Kofi Andwi-Aka, a teacher at Tikobo Number One District Council Primary School, was arraigned at a Sekondi District Magistrate's Court for allegedly murdering a National Service Personnel at the School.

He was remanded to re-appear on July 25.

Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Joe Hedidor said the accused and Animah Abdulai, a teacher at the Tikobo Number One D/C Primary School, were lovers for eight years and had intended to marry. He said both of them were posted to the same school after completing Wiawso Training College in 2004.

Chief Inspector Hedidor said Animah used to spend weekends with the accused at Ezinlibo, his hometown about four kilometres from Tikobo Number One but the relationship went sour.

He said at about 2000 hours on June 20 this year, the accused paid a surprise visit to Animah but she was not at home. He said the accused went to the house of Innocent Kebir, a National Service Personnel teaching at the same school, and saw he and Animah kissing.

Chief Inspector Hedidor said at 8.30 p.m. on June 22, the accused went to the house of Animah again but could not find her. He said the accused waited for Animah at the main gate of her house until 1.15 a.m. when Kebir came to see her off.

Chief Inspector said as soon as Animah entered the house, the accused emerged from his hiding place with a sharp cutlass, pounced on her and inflicted multiple wounds on her severing both hands.

He said not satisfied, the accused went to Kebir's house with the cutlass, inflicted several wounds on him and bolted.

Chief Inspector Hedidor said Animah and Kebir were rushed to Half Assini Government Hospital the same night but Kebir died soon after admission.

He said Animah was referred to the Effia-Nkwanta Regional Hospital where she is still on admission after her hands were amputated. Chief Inspector Hedidor said the accused was arrested in the bush two days after the incident and was handed over to the Police.