Attorney General To Answer Complaint
... Filed By CPP Presidential Candidate Against Some Government Officials !!! MR. KWAME APPIAH BOATENG
2008 CPP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE
P.O. BOX KS 4890, KUMASI, ASHANTI REGION, GHANA
· EMAILS : KwameMayor @ Yahoo.com (OR) KwameMP2004 @ Yahoo.com
TEL. (027) 748-0033
[TO]: THE HON. ATTORNEY-GENERAL
(OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY-GENERAL) - GHANA
[ATTENTION]: COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND ADMINISTRATIVE JUSTICE CC: HIS EXCELLENCY, PRESIDENT JOHN AGYEKUM KUFUOR
CC: THE CONVENTION PEOPLE'S PARTY (CPP)
CC: OTHER POLITICAL PARTIES IN GHANA
CC: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
CC: THE NEWS MEDIA &nbs! p;
FROM: MR. KWAME APPIAH BOATENG (“KWAME MAYOR”)
* 2008 Convention People's Party (CPP) Presidential Candidate * Former Candidate for member of Parliament, Nhyiaeso Constituency, Kumasi, Ashanti Region.
* [Other] : Civil Rights Leader - “ Coalition of Africans Against Civil Rights and Human Rights abuses”–[“Cacha”] – a subsidiary of “Never Again Compensation Fund”.
MPA -MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION – UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (USC), USA
MASTER'S CERTIFICATE IN PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (USC)
BS-BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION – (USC)
DOCTORAL (COURSEWORK) IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION – (USC)
ADMITTED Ph.D. STUDENT IN POLITICAL SCIENCE – CLAREMONT GRADUATE UNIVERSITY (CGU) &nbs! p;
[COURSEWORK] - TOWARDS LEGAL ASSISTANCE (PARALEGAL) CERTIFICATE, WEST LOS ANGELES COLLEGE (WLAC), USA !
[COURSEWORK] - TOWARDS REAL ESTATE CERTIFICATE – (WLAC)
[COURSEWORK] IN : ACCOUNTING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE – LOS ANGELES COMMUNITY COLLEGES, USA. etc.
SUBJECT: CLAIM : --- REQUEST FOR COMPENSATION AND PUBLIC APOLOGY FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF GHANA FOR ITS SYSTEMATIC AND UN-AUTHORISED UTILIZATION OF MY IDEAS. (SOME OF MY IDEAS PUBLICLY WARNED AGAINST -“COPYING OR IMITATION OF IDEAS WITHOUT PERMISSION ” !!!).
ALSO, REQUEST FOR COMPENSATION FOR THE GOVERNMENT'S “ DELIBERATE TACTICS OF POLITICAL FRUSTRATION ” OF A POLITICAL OPPONENT AND MOREOVER, THE GOVERNMENT'S “ABUSE OF POWER” AND VIOLATION OF MY CIVIL RIGHTS !!!
Boateng : CLAIM - Demand for Compensation : Complain / Protest letter to Attorney-General
THE FACTS !!!
(1) I respectfully would like members of the Judicial Council - (appointed by His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor) to explain why I was not given [any] credit for my [April 16, 2003] and [April 25, 2003] publicly released and published ideas *[first]* calling for the erection of statutes in memory of the martyred Judges. !!!. (Evidence available : Newspaper reports and Press Releases) !!!.
(2) The government-appointed Judicial Council erected busts in memories of the murdered Judges on [June 28, 2004 ] – after my published “Press Release” [first] calling for such a noble idea in some of the Ghanaian Newspapers warning that “ideas cannot be copied or imitated without permission”.
(3) It should be noted that in November 2004, Government Spokesman, Hon. Kwabena Agyapong admitted on Kumasi-based Fox FM that he read my Press Release calling for erection of statutes for the martyred Judges !!!.
(4) The Ashanti Regional Branch of the Ghana Police Service should respectfully [investigate] and explain why and how the objectives of my impending July 28, 2005 “Yaa Asantewaa Demonstration” which I gave to the Ashanti Regional Deputy Police Commander and the staff of the Police Record's unit, dated [May 24, 2005; May 27, 2005 and June 11, 2005] - calling for a United African States (UAS) and pleading with African leaders to immediately establish a “Shadow Government” was leaked and the [essential el! ements] of my ideas of a [“Shadow Government”] for a Continental African Union Government and my call for the name of “United African States” [(UAS)] to be given to such a Continental African Union Government was broadcast on [government-controlled] Radio Ghana's Morning News of Tuesday, [June 14, 2005]. ( It should be noted that the Police service is a branch of the government !!!)***.
(5) I respectfully would like the office of the President to explain why I should be (completely) denied any credit for sharing my 1996/1997 Campaign Platform - ([first] calling for the “importation” of South Africa's model of “Truth and Reconciliation Commission” to Ghana) --- with His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor when the President, ( then a Presidential Candidate), visited Los Angeles, USA, in 1999 accompanied by Hon. Kwadwo Mpiani, the current Minister of Presidential Affairs.
o [It should be noted that since my Public Released statement before my appearance at the National Reconciliation Commission (NRC) in 2003, praising His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor for excercising humility in accepting my Campaign Platform in 1999 in Los Angeles, USA – (in the presence of Ghanaian Community and also praised God Almighty for giving me ! the idea to develop the platform in 1996/1997 which I sent a copy to the Ghana Embassy when His Excellency Nana Effa Appenteng, Ghana's Ambassador to the United Nations was then working at the Ghana Embassy in Washington, D.C.) - strategically calling for the “importation” of South Africa's model of “Truth and Reconciliation Commission” to Ghana and moreover, since I [again] praised His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor in my petition to the National Reconciliation Commission for his humility in accepting my campaign platform, elements connected to the office of the President have engaged in “Silent Political Propaganda Warfare”, Political Hypocrisy and political vindictiveness as exemplified by the unfairness and injustice I have endured under this government.
Boateng : CLAIM - Demand for Compensation : Complain / Protest letter to Attorney-General (P.3)
o Is there any explanation why as soon as my name appeared on Television – among others, that I was about to testify before the National Reconciliation Commission (NRC) on December 15, 2003, the NRC proceedings was terminated and not broadcast on that day – when there is evidence to support the fact that my Petition to the NRC praised His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor for his humility in accepting my platform in 1999 - thus indicating that I was ahead of my time in calling for the “importation” of South Africa's model of “Truth and Reconciliation Commission” to Ghana !!!
o Why is that on December 16, 2003, (a day after I had appeared before the National Reconciliation Commission), the [government-controlled] “Evening News” deliberately published my picture linking me to the 1969 Military Coup story about Ex-Lt. Osei-Poku ? . Does this serious conspiracy by the government-owned “Evening News” to link my picture to the 1969 Military Coup – (a coup which was staged when I was merely a young boy) warrant domestic and international condemnation ?.
o Why is it that the President is on record of making a published statement addressed to Ghanaians living abroad that appeared to indicate that Ghanaians abroad are not the sole custodians of ideas. (who was the target of this “Presidential Message”) ? &n! bsp;
o In addition, why is it that the government has turned deaf ears to my complaint of political harassment when I addressed my complaint to Law Enforcement agencies such as the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) and especially, to the attention of His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor ?
o Moreover, why is it that I have been subjected into “political discrimination” when my merits – Educational Qualifications, Work Experience, Fu! nctional and Technical skills and proven talents which can be judged by the World Community - have not been taken into consideration in my right to apply for Civil Service position and I have been denied or treated unfairly in every government or Civil Service position I have applied under this ruling government !!!. )
(6) * In addition, I respectfully would like to inquire from the office of His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor and the Staff of the President's Protocol office why I was [not] granted an appointment with the President which I officially requested – [ to discuss ideas contained in my letter to the President with copies to Hon. Kwadwo Mpiani, former Chief of Staff and currently, Minister of Presidential affairs, dated December 21, 2003 and January 19, 2004! ].
(7) * Ironically, some of the ideas contained in my letters addressed to the (President and Hon. Kwadwo Mpiani) were [soon] discussed by Public Officials connected to the government.
(8) * I appealed to His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor in my December 21, 2003 letter - to support my efforts to ensure that Ghanaians living abroad were registered to vote !!!.
former Speaker of Parliament, Hon. Peter Adjetey, calling on Parliament to create “Parliamentary Seat for Ghanaians living abroad” and also, to grant full Citizenship / full privileges for Ghanaians with “Dual Citizenships” or Ghanaians living abroad who are Ghanaians by birth and / (or) acquired Ghanaian Citizenship as a result of the fact that their Parents are also Ghanaians by birth, etc.
(11) On November 04, 2002, Accra Mail published my call for “Sister Schools [and] *[ Sister Cities Projects ]*”. ( In Regards to “Sister Schools” - American Broadcasting Corp (ABC) – Channel 7, based in Los Angeles, California, USA traveled to Ghana, after obtaining my “Sister School Project” and unduly took advantage of my idea of “Crenshaw High School -“Great Koss – “Sister Schools Project” and aired documentaries on American Channel 7 Television in USA, on February 04, 2003 and March 02, 2003.
Boateng : Demand for Compensation : Complain / Protest letter to Attorney-General (P.4)
(12) *(UN-RELATED DEVELOPMENT)* : Thereafter, I was harassed by Crenshaw High School officials in USA who feared that I might file a law-suit against them for illegally using my ideas and illegally using the name of Konongo-Odumasi Secondary School (“Great Koss”) to solicit funds from the public on the pretext that such funds would be donated to the students of Konongo-Odumasi Secondary School (“Great Koss”) in Ghana. *** (Evidence of Trans-Continental Network against Boateng !!!) ***
(13) Regarding the [“Sister Cities Projects”]: --- Soon after the Accra Mail publication on November 04, 2002 citing my intention to establish “Sister Cities Projects” around the World, Ghana's Ministry of Local government allegedly declared that it was engaging in “Sister Cities” program. (Was it co-incidental ?)
(14) *** I would like Hon. Alan Kyerematen, Minister of Trade and former Ghana's Ambassador to America to explain why after I had publicly released a Press Release in October 2001 calling for the idea of establishing Ghana Community Banks / Credit Unions - around the World and Ghana Community Educational and Cultural centers - around the World, he (Hon. Alan Kyerematen, then newly appointed Ghana's Ambassador to USA allegedly indicated in the same language – when he presented his credentials to His Excellency, President George Bush that Ghana would establish “Ghana Community Banks and Cultu! ral Centers --- around the World”. ( I had earlier sent a copy of my Press Release to the Castle, the seat of the President of Ghana, (before) Hon. Alan Kyeremateng's arrival in USA and my Press Release contained a public warning : “Ideas cannot be copied or imitated without permission” !!!)
(15) It should be noted that on September 15, 2002, Ghana Embassy in Washington. D.C. established “Ghana Credit Union” – modeled after my ideas. (I have [not] been given any credit for the idea and neither have I been given a percentage of the profit [if any] in the business activity of the “Ghana Credit Union”).
(16) I would like Hon. Dan Botwe, the Minister of Information and a former NPP General-Secretary to also explain why after I had faxed a Campaign Platform to the office of the NPP on [July 31, 2003] from Los Angeles, USA – encouraging Women to run for President, Hon. Hawa Yakubu, a top NPP member [immediately] announced on [August 01, 2003] that she would run for President, at a time when the NPP was engaged in the preparation for a second term of President Kufuor's re-election campaign !!!. --- (Evidence available – Telephone Bills from USA ). I, formally a supporter of the [CPP/NPP Alliance] sent a copy of the same Platform to the email address of Dr. Nii Noi Dowuona, the General Secretary of the Convention People's Party (CPP) and (no) CPP official took undue advantage of my Campaign Platform !!!.
! ; &n bsp;
(17) I played my own “little” role in the “Dual Citizens Act” by sending a Press Release on behalf of “Ghanaians Abroad Coalition” - requesting for [speedy] implementation of the Dual Citizenship Act.
OTHER MATTERS !!!
(18) I had spoken on the need for “Economic Liberation” – as reported in the News Media, example, Graphic : [January 7, 2005]; page 14; Pioneer : [May 12, 2005], Pages 1 and 8.
(19) It should be noted that on [May 13, 2005], His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor called for “Economic Liberation” when he met with Zambia's President, His Excellency, Levy Mwanawasa.
(20) It should again be clearly noted that in my call for “Yaa Asantewaa Demonstration” in which I indicated that neo-colonialism, imperialism and “hi-tech colonialism” threatened Ghana's freedom, peace, independence and sovereignty, (Please read the “Accra Daily Mail's” [Front Page] story of April 29, 2005 captioned - “Yaa Asantewaa Demonstration”. Thereafter, His Excellency President John Agyekum Kufuor said the African Continent was now “politically free and sovereign but its economic underpinning was yet to be attained” – (Please read Daily Graphic's [May 14, 2005] issue about the President's statement) !!!
! ; &n bsp;
Boateng : Demand for Compensation - Complain / Protest letter to Attorney-General (P.5)
COMPLAINT AGAINST CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATIONS !!!
(21) The government appears to have turned deaf ears to my complaints addressed to His Excellency, President John Agyekum Kufuor and the Bureau of National Investigations (BNI) in which I complained that a so-called “Kojo Baako”, posing as a former Minister of Interior was harassing me politically via Telephone calls and electronic Media, falsely accusing me of being a member of Al-Queda and posing the question : “Do you work for the CIA” ?.
(22) I was repeatedly harassed by un-known individuals such as one “Norbert Aminzia” who sent me electronic mail questioning me about the wisdom in forming “Ghanaians Abroad Coalition” and when I continued with the activities of the organization by championing for the best interest of Ghanaians abroad such as my call for [“Speedy implementation of the Dual Citizens Act”]; my call for Voter Registration for Ghanaians living abroad; Parliamentary seat for Ghanaians living abroad, etc,) - he (the so-called) Aminzia sent email to me that read : “Taking advantage of freedom is treason” !!!. ( I later ! found out that a government official within this ruling government , Hon. Stephen Asamoah-Boateng had communicated with Aminzia, via electronic mail and he - (Hon. Asamoah-Boateng) sent me a copy of his electronic Mail's message to Aminzia which I still have as evidence. Hon. Asamoah-Boateng supported the view of Aminzia's position. !!!.
*** (I mentioned about this harassment in some of the documents I sent to the National Reconciliation Commission, (NRC), before my appearance before the Commission on December 15, 2003 !!!) *
(23) I would like the Deputy Ministers or Ministers of Information and Interior in  to explain the nature of correspondence or queries they sent to the United States Embassy in Accra relating to me - in which the U.S. Embassy, in an act of civility, humility and courage apologized in a matter in which my name was involved and in the same matter in which a Junior Consular at the U.S. Embassy in Accra allegedly described me as “causing havoc” in America, when I [symbolically] ran for public office as the first Ghanaian born to symbolically run for Mayor of Los Angeles. ***(Evidence of Trans-Continental Network against me !!!)***
(24) *** I [still] would like an investigation to be conducted into why my photograph was linked to Ex-Lt. Ebenezer Osei-Poku's testimony about the 1969 Military Coup in the [government-owned] “Evening News” Newspaper on December 16, 2003 and why the National Reconciliation Commission's (NRC) hearing of December 15, 2003 was abruptly terminated after my name had appeared on Television - among those who were scheduled to testify on that day !!!. --- ( It should be noted that I formed “Never Again Compensation Fund” in 2003 in USA and sent a Press Release to Ghana urging Private and Government organizations, individuals, NGO's and International agencies to help compensate victims of documented Human Rights abuses !!!)
(25) I had informed one Mr. Dan Agyemang who was then working in the office of Hon. Stephen Asamoah-Boateng, former Deputy Minister of Information, that I would be appearing before the National Reconciliation Commission's hearing on December 15, 2003.
(26) The office of the Ministry of Information therefore knew that I, Kwame Appiah Boateng, (“Kwame Mayor”) was to appear before the National Reconciliation Commission (NRC) regarding events that happened to him around 1978.
(27) In May 2004, I filed complaint with the “Sofo-Line” Police station in Kumasi, Ashanti Region, regarding an incident whereby a cutlass weilding man inflicted cutlass wounds on neighbors at Fankyenebra and the suspect rushed into the house I was staying - chasing me and relatives with the cutlass still in his hands.
Some of the wounded victims were rushed to Okomfo Anokye Hospital.
***(This was at the time when the House I live in had been decorated with the flags of the Convention People's Party (CPP) – in advance preparation for my run for Member of Parliament for Nhyiaeso Constituency).
*** [ It should be noted that although I believed that the incident was an (isolated) one and was (not) politically-motivated, the question is : Did the Police seriously investigate the matter after I had personally made a complaint and gave a written report about the incident and moreover, introduced myself as a member of the Convention People's Party (CPP) ] ?.
*** Other neighbors at Fankenebra also made complaint to the Police regarding the [same] incident
Boateng : Demand for Compensation - Complain / Protest letter to Attorney-General (P.6)
(28) *** In fairness, I would like to congratulate the Police service for investigating another incident which occurred in December 2004, a few days before the Parliamentary and Presidential elections during which I was the candidate for Member of Parliament for Nhyiaeso Constituency, Kumasi, Ashanti Region, on the ticket of the Convention People's Party (CPP). ---
( In that incident, an un-known driver crushed into an electrical pole outside the house I live in, almost killing relatives and neighbors standing in proximity to the pole).
By the grace of God Almighty, I had just entered the house when the accident occurred.
I notified the Ashanti Regional Branch of the Police Service - “Sofo-Line” Police station (MTU unit) and they conducted investigation by sending a Police officer to the vicinity of the accident.
The Electricity Corporation also did an excellent job by providing electricity to conduct the elections and replacing the damaged pole.
QUESTION: Does Art imitate Life ?
The government's political tactics is clearly aimed at frustrating its political opponents and snatching opponents political ideas.
Although the ruling government proclaims that one's political opponent is not an “enemy”, there is sufficient evidence that the government has acted contrary to its claim.
My knowledge serves as my “Trade Tool” and the government has engaged in the extra-ordinary tactics of stifling my ideas and creativity !!!.
In my personal experience, this government has proven beyond reasonable doubt that it does not want me to compete equally and fairly in the Civil Service, on my merit : functional and technical skills and above all, my higher educational credentials from one of the most prestigious Universities in America, the University of Southern California (USC).
[Yet] this same government has utilized almost every idea I have publicly exposed – (some of my publicly released ideas warned against copying or imitation without permission) !!!.
In a nutshell, the ruling government has scandalously engaged in “abuse of power” by snatching my ideas – without credit and without compensation --- an affront to justice !!!.
Instead of apologizing, a [few] enemies of Justice; enemies of Equal Rights; enemies of Freedom and enemies of Liberty – masquerading as “Believers of Democracy” label their enemies with “totalitarian word” ---“disgruntle” !!!.
These [few] enemies of Democracy, instead of apologizing for their unfair practices stoop low and tell their political opponents that they are not the only custodians of ideas !!!
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere” - to borrow from the [wisdom] of the legendary Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
LONG LIVE FREEDOM !!!, LONG LIVE DEMOCRACY !!!
Mr. Kwame Appiah Boateng