Brakwa (C/R), April 5, GNA - Four relatives, including an eight-month-old baby boy were last Thursday injured following lightning that shocked the house in which they lived. Properties worth millions of cedis were also destroyed.
Robert Kojo Antwi, 32, and Madam Dinah Sam, 49 whose conditions were serious were admitted to the Brakwa Health Centre. Later Antwi was transferred to the Breman Asikuma Catholic Hospital.
Antwi sustained burned wounds on the left part of the body affecting the head, eyes, arm and ribs.
Briefing the reporter on Monday at Brakwa, Madam Dinah Sam who has been discharged said that she has eleven children but she was in the room with the eight-month-old baby and a 13-year-old pupil when they suddenly fell..
She said Antwi was standing on the veranda when the incident occurred. The landlord, Mr. Kojo Offoh said that properties destroyed
included the switch board, cables connecting the house, bulbs, TV sets and other electrical gadgets.