Committee to investigate Tuobodom shooting incident
Techiman (B/A), March 20, GNA - Nana Kwadwo Seinti, Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, has inaugurated a seven-member committee of enquiry appointed by the Regional Security Council to investigate the shooting incident at the Police Barrier at Tuobodom, near Techiman, in October last year.
He said the committee had been given two weeks to work and submit its report to the Council for the necessary action and the resettlement of police personnel in the town.
The Regional Minister denounced clashes between the police and the people of Tuobodom, saying it was expected that the police and the people should live in harmony to promote law, peace and understanding. The Regional Minister said it was the concern of REGSEC to find the remote and immediate causes of the unfortunate incident to put in place measures and structures to ensure that such events would not occur again.
Nana Seinti advised the people to see the police as peacemakers and called for total support to enable the police to maintain peace and security in the country.
He urged police personnel to refrain from acts that were likely to erode the confidence that people had in them.
The Regional Minister expressed dissatisfaction with the long-standing chieftaincy disputes among the people of Tuobodom and appealed to the traditional authorities to work harder to eliminate such disputes for accelerated development.
Mr. Anthony Marnuh, chairman of the committee gave the assurance that they would work with impartiality to be able to achieve good results.