Cape Coast, Feb. 22, GNA - A 35 year-old driver, who allegedly drove carelessly and ran over the hand of a three-year old boy resulting in its amputation, was on Tuesday, granted 15 million cedis bail by a circuit court at Cape Coast, presided over by Mr Mustapha Logoh. Hussein Osuman, pleaded not guilty to careless driving and negligently causing harm and will re-appear on March 9.
Prosecuting, Police Chief Inspector Augustine Amonoo said on July 7 last year, Osuman who was in charge of a Mazda mini bus with registration number GW 634 U with passengers on board, knocked down the boy on the Agona-Swedru-Breman -Asikuma road.
He said the bus, which was travelling from Swedru to Breman-Asikuma, hit and ran over the right hand of the boy Kweku Ishak, who was then walking by the road with his elder sister.
Chief Inspector Amonoo said the boy's right arm was amputated at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, following his referral from the Our Lady of Grace Hospital, at Breman Asikuma.