Many of today's youth are probably aware that the CPP fought and won independence for Ghana in 1957.
Many however are not aware of the CPP's achievements in building Ghana and
making it what it is today - How the CPP created jobs in every region to provide full employment for our people.
How the CPP's Development Plans almost turned Ghana into an industrialised
The following is thus a small sample to educate the youth of Ghana as part of
the CPP's “YES” Campaign
Education - Accelerated Education Plan For Ghana which involved
· Compulsory Free Education For All Citizens
· Polytechnics and Technical Schools for every Region
· Thousands of Scholarships for Ghanaians to Study Abroad
· University of Cape Coast
· University of Science and Technology, Kumasi
· Modernisation /Update of The University of Ghana, Legon
· Thousands of Primary and Secondary Schools For Every Region (eg 10,000 Primary Schools were built in Ten Years)
· Free Health Care For All
· Ghana Medical School
· Okomfo Anokye Hospital, Kumasi
· Many Many Health Posts and Clinics
· Comprehensive Primary Health Care Programme
Development, Industrialisation, Jobs
· Tema Harbour
· Tema Township
· Tema and Accra Motorway
· Akosombo Dam Providing Ghana's Electricity Till Today
· Largest Man Made Dam, Volta River
· Ghana Trade Fair Centre, For International Exhibitions/Fair
· Accra International Airport Refurbishment and Expansion
· Ghana Airways Corporation With Several Operational Planes
· Ghana Black Star(Shipping) Line With 15 Ships.
· National Culture Centre, Kumasi
· Silos For Food Preservation
· Tema Food Complex
· Several Industrial Holdings with Industries For Every Region
· Ghana Distilleries, Accra
· Ghana Shoe Factory, Kumasi
· Ghana Jute Factory, Kumasi
· Tomato Processing Factory, Wenchi
· Match Factory, Kade, Pwalugu
· Ghana Glass Factory,Abuoso and Tarkwa
· Gold Processing Factory, Prestea
· Meat Processing Factory, Bolgatanga
· Dairy Farm , Amrahia and Avatime
· Akasanoma Radio Factory
· Ghana National Trading Corporation(GNTC)
· Paper Processing Factory
· Cocoa Marketing Board
· Ghana Cement Factory, Takoradi
· Ghana Household Utilities Manufacture(GHANUM), Sekondi – Efiekuma
· Valco Steel, Tema
· Food Cannery, Nsawam
· Ghana Film Industries, Accra
· Bank Of Ghana
· Several Investment Banks
· Ghana Commercial Bank
· Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
· Star Hotel
· Meridian Hotel
· Ambassador Hotel
· Continental Hotel
· Atlantic Hotel
· City Hotel
· Several Catering Rest Houses
· Conference Facilities, Peduase Lodge
· Trade Union Congress (TUC)
· Farmers Council
· Workers Brigade
· Army Headquarters In Several Regions – Ho, Sunyani, Bolgatanga, Tema and Takoradi
· High Commissions Abroad
· Accommodation for Ghanaian Students Abroad
· Organisation of African Unity(OAU, now AU), with a progressive foreign
affairs policies. Which helped many other African countries to become free,
liberated and independent.
This and many more is what has shaped our country to be what it is today, and
all with foreign exchange reserves of just $480m.
Ghana has accumulated a debt of $7billion in the last 25 years and what has been achieved with it .
Today if you complete your SSS or University education anywhere in the country
there is nothing in your region for you, you travel to Accra, become a street
hawker, get disillusioned, find a passport or Visa contractor and heard towards
London, Amsterdam, Washington. What a waste.
There is no sense in following the same path we have been on since the CPP.
For the CPP everyone counts and no one must be left behind and that is why only
the CPP path can put Ghana back on track.
That is why the CPP wants to re-introduce a 7 Year Development Plan for Ghana.
Compare our record with any other Party, it is a record second to none.