Invite Paul Afoko And Kwabena Agyeapong For Questioning Now
We the members of Justice for Adam Mahama Youth (JAMY) are calling on the Inspector General of Police (IGP) to invite Mr. Paul Afoko and Mr. Kwabena Agyeapong with immediate effect for questioning. The reasons for our call are as follow:
- The charge sheet presented by the police investigating this heinous crime partly stated that “The 1st suspect Gregory Afoko is a farmer, an NPP youth activist and a younger brother to Mr. Paul Afoko, National Chairman of the same party whiles the 2nd suspect Asabke Alangdi is also a party member.
- During the early part of May, 2015, Mr. Paul Afoko and Kwabena Agyepong, National Chairman and General Secretary respectively of the NPP embarked on a tour.
- On the 14th day of May 2015, the National Chairman and the General Secretary arrived in Bolgatanga. The deceased organized some thugs to violently attack them, scuttling the planned meeting at Azumsolom Guest House for campaigning against the flagbearer, Nana Addo Danquah Akufo Addo and also not notifying him.
- The situation was later brought under control by the police. The 1st suspect was not impressed with the action taken by the regional chairman, and as a result had serious confrontation with the deceased until he was chased away by the thugs.
- Later the 1st and 2nd suspects mobilized some youth to form another group with the sole aim to protect party executives perceived to be against Nana Akufo Addo’s bid.
- The suspects and other members has a series of meetings and in the evening of 20th May 2015, two assailants now identified as the 1st and 2nd suspects, armed with a substance in a gallon suspected to be acid, laid ambush at the deceased’s residence.’’
The above narrative by the investigative team has directly indicted Mr. Paul Afoko and Kwabena Agyeapong to the crime.
Secondly, in the wake of this crime Mr. Paul Afoko was on Adom FM vehemently trying to exonerate his brother from the crime. He indicated his brother, Gregory Afoko was asleep by 8:30 of the night of the murder and that the Police examined the engine of his motorbike, they realized it was cold so he could not have used it to commit the crime.
It is significant to note that from Mr. Paul Afoko’s interview, he is privy to classified information from the police from the onset of the investigations and continues to be informed every step of the way as to what the investigations is uncovering. The question is why the police will keep him informed of their investigations.
More importantly, our sources indicate that Mr. Gregory Afoko has fresh burns on his thigh which he purports are from the exhaust of the motorbike his senior brother claims to have been cold at the time of the incident.
Furthermore, the investigative team recovered items including a gallon supposedly containing acid and a cup from the scene. However, the motorbike in question has been left in Bolga and we are aware there are attempts to swap the said bike for another to be brought to Accra in its place.
We are calling on the IGP to have Paul Afoko and Kwabena Agyepong invited for questioning based on the police own statement linking them to events leading to the murder of Adams.
Failure to do this, the police charge sheet will be seen as political hogwash seeking to muddy the waters, render the murder a political issue and bin it. This, if it is the intention will not be tolerated by us.
The motorbike used in the crime should be sent to Accra for forensic investigations. We have the particulars of the bike and are keenly observing.
We count on the IGP and the police to do a professional job. As things currently stand we are not convinced the police are living up to expectation but we will give them the benefit of doubt to prove themselves.
Alhaji Mohammed Baba – 0208331132
Latif Solomon - 0208882199