Call for Nominations: 2015 AfIA Awards
United Kingdom—This year marks the 10th anniversary of the AfIA Awards, the world's highest honour for exemplary service highlighting the greatest Champions of Social Progress by nonprofits, socially conscious businesses, and individuals worldwide. African Achievers International (AAi) is now accepting nominations for the 2015 AfIA Awards . Individuals and organisations including NGOs, Social Enterprises, Social Companies, Schools, and Colleges etc that would like to be considered for the AfIA Awards should complete the registration/nomination form by 15, August 2015.
AfIA Awards are the largest Social Impact awards of, by and about Africa, highlighting the greatest Champions of Social Progress by nonprofits, socially conscious businesses, and individuals worldwide.
"These Awards focus on recognizing the most impactful and compelling achievements in the grassroots of Africa." "Changing the way the world looks at Africa, Changing the way we look at ourselves, People changing the face of Africa"
Our vision is to enhance the philanthropy and innovation capacity and capabilities of Africa's non-profit and social enterprise sector. This supports Africa's development agenda by generating innovation, dynamism, and the creative spark within Africa's Youth and rural communities. Our Recognitions are research informed, facilitating innovation and enhancing social enterprise skills and is strategically aligned to Africa's Sustainable Development Goals strategy also working with the Local NGO Partnerships.
The initiative identifies social impact using a comprehensive application and evaluation process, culminating in a celebration that attracts the top leaders of the social sector.
Why the AfIAs are Important
- Our global social landscape is evolving at an unprecedented pace, and bold solutions are needed to address new and existing challenges.
- With the insight and participation of experts and institutions, AfIA Awards process introduces a new methodology for measuring social impact across causes at a global scale.
- This methodology provides insight into the program strategies, outputs, outcomes and growth of these bold solutions relative to the problem being addressed.
- Public availability of this information creates a data-driven environment that ultimately enables intelligent funding and support.
- This environment is critical for AfIA's Leadership Council to determine the winners of the AfIA Awards, the greatest champions of social progress in Africa and across the world.
AfIA Award Nominees
- AfIA Awards nominees strive for monumental change, not incremental improvements.
- They are big thinkers and bold leaders.
- They understand the complexities and changing dynamics of our most significant social challenges.
- They are problem solvers, introducing creative new solutions and technologies.
- They are goal-oriented. They leverage best practices and research to guide their strategies.
- They are data-driven and metrics-focused. They take risks, embrace failure, and have built a culture of learning throughout their organization.
- Above all, AfIA Awards nominees are the most significant catalysts for social progress in Africa and across the world.
For more information and to access the nomination form, please go to http://www.afiaawards.org . The online application form takes not more than 10 minutes of your time alternatively you can send a complete application which should be less than a five-page, single-spaced narrative; you can include images and links to news about your work to support your application. These nominating materials are reviewed by members of the AfIA Awards Board, and an appointed policy advisory board of AAi. Based on their recommendations, the Board of Directors selects the final winners.
Complete applications must reach us by 15, August 2015. You can complete your registration either on the AfIA Awards website, send an email or by post to:
African Achievers International
25 Fairfield Hill
LEEDS, LS13 3DP
Email: [email protected]
Awards Sponsorship or Support:
Amb. Inalegwu Frank Uji
Tel: +234 8056421713
Program Contact for AAi:
About African Achievers International (AAi)
AFRICAN ACHIEVERS INTERNATIONAL [AAi] IS DIFFERENT WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND ADD VALUE TO LIVES!
AAi, is a Media, Recognition, Enterprise, Education & Skills, ERP, Mobile, Payment, Digital, E-Commerce & Publishing Solutions Social Enterprise. Our expert team of developers, business solution providers and our partners Inigmah have years of experience in developing and deploying custom developed enterprise level solutions for our clients.
Our mission is to inspire communities to advance innovation, lifelong learning, and cultural and civic engagement. Our support, policy development, and research help NGOs and Social Enterprises deliver valuable services that make it possible for communities and individuals to thrive. To learn more, visit http://www.africanachievers.com and like us on Facebook , follow us Twitter and connect with us on linkedin