Ajumako NPP Youth Petitions Nana Addo And National Executives To Disqualify 2 Aspiriants
Ajumako- Enyan- Essiam NPP youthshave petitioned the Presidential candidate of the New Patriotic Party, Nana Addo Danquah Akuffo Addo and all the National Executives to act on article (11) of their party constitution to disqualify two aspirants, Mr. Kofi Afful Turkson and Mr. Ransford E.K. Nyarko.
According to the leader of the aggrieved NPP youths, Mr. Akyirefi Ebenezer, “If the party qualifies them, it will be a breach of constitution and the party should be ready to see itself in court”.
“We the NPP youths in Ayumako- Enyan- Essiam pray to the Party leaders to act according to the party’s constitution. NPP is a democratic and a constitutional Party so the leaders should respect and act in accordance”, he said. Below is the press statement released by the angry NPP Youths.
NEW PATRIOTIC PARTY
AJUMAKO- ENYAN -ESSIAM
7th May, 2015
PROF. MIKE OQUAYE
HEAD OF LEGAL DEPARTMENT
NEW PATRIOTIC PARTY
PROTEST AGAINST THE QUALIFICATION OF MR. KOFI AFFUL TURKSON AND MR. RANSFORD E.K. NYARKO
By the provision of the Article 11 clause 2(c) and clause 4 (a), (b) (c) and (d) of the New Patriotic Party constitution, I protest against Mr. Kofi AffulTurson and Mr. Ransford E. K. Nyarko who have gone for the vetting to contest the New Patriotic Party Parliamentary Primaries.
Mr. Chairman, the party's constitution states clearly at Article Eleven (11) clause 2 (c) that " a member applying for nomination as the party's parliamentary candidate should be a known and active member for at least two years and clause apply for nomination as the party's candidate for any constituency unless he or she is a KNOWN and ACTIVE member for at least two years".
In addition, Article eleven clause 4 (d) states that “A member applying for nomination as the party’s parliamentary candidate should be a registered member for the constituency which he or she seeks to represent and voter in the constituency”.
Mr. Chairman, if article eleven of the New Patriotic Party’s Constituency is valid, then I boldly say that , the above quoted clauses of Article Eleven (11) disqualify Mr. Kofi AffulTurkson and Mr. Ransford E.K. Nyarkoh are not ACTIVE members and not KNOWN in the constituency . In an attempt to persuade the Vetting Committee on the issue of being an ACTIVE member. Mr. Kofi AffulTurson presented a forged certificate given to him by his campaign manager who used to be the chairman in 1996. Mr. Kofi AffulTurkson claims it was issued to him after attending a workshop in 1996. As a matter of fact, the certificate was issued in 2000. By then, he Mr. Kofi AffulTurson was not in the country, he was in US.
Mr. Chairman, Mr. Kofi AffulTurson was in the United States of America, he started familiarizing himself with the Polling Station executives in the Constituency from 2014. Mr. Kofi AffulTurkson was presenting himself at festival durbars as an elder in the New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the constituency chairman wrote a letter to him to put a stop to it. Mr. Kofi AffulTurkson then left to the United States of America and returned this year to contest the Parliamentary Primaries.
Similarly, Mr. Ransford E.K. Nyarkoh has not been coming to the constituency till 30th April 2015 when he picked up a Parliamentary nomination form for the primaries on 30th April, 2015 at 4:48 and submitted at 6:00pm.
Mr. Chairman, both of them have never voted in the constituency before. I have personally checked from the Electoral Commissions office and I am fully satisfied that their names are not in the constituency voters register. According to the electoral commission officer who cross checked their names, “Mr. Turkson only came there to make a replacement of his missing voter identification card”.
Mr. Chairman, based on this article Eleven (11) of the New Patriotic Party Constitution, Mr. Romeo Aboakye of EtsiiSunkwa was disqualified when he applied for the nomination as the Party’s Parliamentary aspirant in 2008. We the members of the New Patriotic Party Constitution is protected. I therefore humbly protest that, the above names mentioned should be disqualified base on Article (11) of the New Patriotic Party’s constitution.
I hope, my protest will be addressed.
ASIEDU –AKYIREFI EBENEZER
NPP Presidential candidate 2016
NPP Presidential Running Mate 2016
The General Secretary
National Chairman, Electoral committee
The Regional Chairman (Cape Coast)
The Regional secretary (Cape Coast)
National Representative, Vetting Committee (Cape Coast)
The Constituency Chairman (Ajumako)
The PEC Chairman (Ajumako)
In addition,The Ghanaian Observer newspaper (GO) has intercepted a report written by the Constituency Communication Officer of Ayumako- Enyan- Essiam, Mr. Edward JawaraAcquaye and endorsed by the constituency chairman, Mr. AppiahMensah before the vetting, dated 1st May, 2015. Below are the details in the letter intercepted.
REPORT ON THE THREE ASPIRANTS
By the provisions of the following article 11 clause 2(c), (d) and clause 4 (a),(b) and (d) of the NPP constitution . I wish to report on the eligibility of the following candidates who have applied to be Parliamentary Candidates of the NPP in the Ajumako- Enyan- Essiam Constituency.
JOHN K. AMISSAH
- He is a known and active Member for more than two years starting from 2008to date in the constituency.
- He is a registered Member and a Voter in the Ajumako- Enyan- Essiam Constituency.
- He is a known and active member and for more than two years.
- He is a registered Member and a voter in the constituency who cast his vote at Ampia Ajumako JHS Polling Station
- He is of a good character.
- He is of a good standing. He has contributed both financially and morally , paying the rent for the NPP Constituency Office at Ajumako from 2009-2014 and also the allowance of the secretary at the office 2009-2013 and part of 2014 up to date
KOFI AFFUL TURKSON
- He is not known as a member in the NPP of Ajumako – Enyan- Essiam Constituency. He started familiarizing himself with the polling station executives in the constituency since 2014. He has not been an active member in the constituency for two (2) years. He only surfaced in the constituency in 2014.
- He is a registered Member of the Party. He is not a voter in the Ajumako – Enyan- Essiam Constituency, only that he has caused his voter registration to be transferred to Ajumako about two to three months ago with the intention to contest in the NPP Parliamentary primaries.
- He has not been an active member in the constituency only that in 2014 he paraded himself at festival durbar as an elder of the NPP which the Constituency Chairman wrote him to put a stop to it.
- Since he does not stay in the constituency, I cannot comment on his character.
RANSFORD E.K. NYARKOH
- He is not known in the circles of NPP in the constituency till 30th April, 2015 when he came to pick a form at the party’s office that all the Constituency Executives surprisingly saw him. He is not an active Member of the party in the constituency
- He is not a voter in the constituency and does not vote in the constituency.
- He does not stay in the constituency and for that matter his character cannot be described in the constituency.
- He is not of a good standing. He has not contributed a pesewa to the party in the constituency.
THE CHAIRMAN EDWARD JAWARA ACQUAYE
PARLIAMENTARY ELECTION COMMITTEE(COMMUNICATION OFFICER)
AJUMAKO-ENYAN ESSIAM CONST. AJUMAKO- ENYAN- ESSIAM
- The National Secretary
National Headquarters, Accra
- The Regional Chairman
- The Constituency Chairman
- NPP Council of Elders :
- Mr. Appiah Mensah
- Mr. William Arthur- Baiden
- Mr. William Amissah
- Mr. Kofi Otsiwadu Nkum
- Madam Victoria Hanson