THE NKRUMAISTFORUM UNITY FUND - SPONSORING PRO-NKRUMAIST CANDIDATES
FOR THE 2004 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN GHANA
Call for Applications for NkrumaistForum Unity Fund Grants
Since its inception, the NkrumaistForum has devoted its most determined efforts to achieving unity of the Nkrumaist family to maximize the impact of the legacy of Nkrumah on policy formulation and governance in Ghana. Prominent among our activities in this regard is our call for unity of all Nkrumaist parties to contest the elections in Ghana ( see http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/sil2/r.php?num=1&id=984770&thread=9847 70) .
We repeated the call in our second press release in our congratulatory messages to the PNC after its recent successful congress in May 2004 (see http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/pressreleases/artikel.asp?ID=59323).
In furtherance of those pro-Unity efforts, we are happy to announce a new initiative in the form of an NKRUMAISTFORUM UNITY FUND.
Conscious of the financial burden on aspiring pro-Nkrumaist candidates in the forthcoming elections and determined to avoid wastage of pro-Nkrumaist votes cast in the elections, we the NkrumaistForum have decided to sponsor candidates of Nkrumaist persuasion provided they satisfy the following conditions:
- must not be an independent candidate but a member of an existing Nkrumaist party, eg., CPP, GCPP, NRP and PNC (in alphabetical order)
- must be standing as candidate in any electoral constituency where there is no other pro-Nkrumaist candidate.
- has proven or demonstrated credentials as an Nkrumaist worker who is committed to, working towards or accepts the principle of, the eventual unity of all the Nkrumaist parties.
- would, on receipt of financial sponsorship from the NkrumaistForum, pledge to report periodically to the NkrumaistForum on the progress of his/her campaign and where possible to join the NkrumaistForum APPLICATION For all purposes of this fund, the Coordinating committee of the NkrumaistForum would be the fund manager. Therefore, in the first instance, applicants should contact the Chair of the Coordinating committee of the NkrumaistForum, Explo Nani-Kofi, with request for support. The Chair can be contacted at Explo Nani-Kofi [email protected]
P.O. Box 21266
London W9 3YR, England.
Applicants would be required to provide evidence of membership of an existing pro-Nkrumaist party, a certification from a high ranking member of the party that the candidate has been duly endorsed by the applicant¹s party as well as providing evidence of acceptance by the electoral commission of Ghana as standing for election. To facilitate this process our NkrumaistForum representatives in Ghana would be able to verify that the above criteria for eligibility have been met.
THE NKRUMAISTFORUM UNITY FUND IS TO SPONSOR PRO-NKRUMAIST CANDIDATES. Therefore successful applicants would receive financial donations directly from our Unity fund and not through their respective parties. SIZE OF GRANT The size of our grant to each successful applicant is subject to the final outcome of our fund raising efforts and will be made known to successful applicants and their party leadership.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION FOR SPONSORSHIP FROM NKRUMAISTFORUM UNITY FUND : 3OTH SEPTEMBER 2004.
The NkrumaistForum Unity Fund managers would however dispense funds to successful applicants as soon as eligibility is proven and without waiting for the expiry of the deadline. In dispensing the funds, the NkrumaistForum Unity Fund managers would wish to sponsor as wide a geographical distribution among the 10 regions of Ghana, and as wide a distribution among the 4 Nkrumaist parties, as possible. DONATIONS TO THE NKRUMAISTFORUM UNITY FUND In order to make our efforts and impact most effective, we welcome donations to the NkrumaistForum Unity Fund. Donors, depending on location, can send their donations to any of the following addressses :
- Mr Andy Kwawukume [email protected] at
3 TYNEMOUTH ROAD
LONDON, SE18 1PH U.K.
- Evans Afenya, [email protected] at
746 S. Lyman Ave., Oak Park,
IL 60304, U.S.A.
- Kofi Datsa, [email protected] at
P.O. Box NT272, Accra New Town
Chair, CC, NkrumaistForum
Secretary, CC, NkrumaistForum