Accra, July 15, GNA - The National Reconciliation Commission (NRC) on Thursday assured all petitioners whose cases were not listed for hearing that their petitions were being considered with all the attention they deserved.
It said in a statement signed by Mr Mohammed Affum, Acting Director of Public Affairs, that investigations had been concluded into most of the cases while, in others, investigations were still ongoing. "The Commission wishes to reiterate the fact that apart from the petitions that are non-jurisdictional; a significant proportion of petitions not listed concern dismissed public officers; traders, whose goods were seized; victims of market burnings as well as members of churches, who were ill-treated by Military Personnel.
"Findings and recommendations will be made in respect of each of them in the Commission's Report."
The statement said a number of petitioners, who had already been heard, had been calling at the Commission's Offices to enquire about the outcome of their petitions.
"The Commission advises all such petitioners that findings and recommendations in respect of the petitions will be made in the Commission's Report that is being written and which, will be presented to the President."
It urged all petitioners to exercise patience and await the decision of the President.