Electrical repairs at NSC to coast 20 million cedis
Accra, April 22, GNA - The cost of restoring power to sections of the National Sports Council (NSC) facilities, which were gutted by fire at the Accra Sports Stadium on Wednesday, April 21 has been put at 20 million cedis.
A press statement signed by Mr Mammah Hamid Issakah, Public Relations Officer on behalf of the Acting Chief Executive said the Accounts, Marketing and Personnel offices are without electricity and light could only be restored to those area if the cables are changed. It attributed the cause of the fire to a faulty underground cable, which had been interrupting power supply and was changed by the staff of the Electricity Company of Ghana.
"During the course of work, the main power supply was pot off to allow for change of the faulty cable. When power was restored after work, a panel board at the Marketing Department caught fire but electricians at the stadium quickly cut off supply to the stadium," the statement read.
It assured soccer fans that personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service have done an appraisal of the fire and the extent of damage it has done and have declared the stadium safe.
The statement guaranteed Liberty professionals and football lovers, the use of the electronic scoreboard and the public address system during their African Confederation Cup match against Petro Huambo at the Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday.