Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: Ghana Needs A College Of Common Sense To Function Well...

body-container-line
Tabloid News | Mar 23, 2004

59 taken sick after eating at outdooring

GNA

Sakpei [NR], March 23, GNA -Fifty-nine people, including two voter Registration officials, who ate rice balls suspected to be contain poison at an out-dooring at Sakpei in the Yendi District of the Northern Region are undergoing medical treatment at the Yendi Government hospital. One of the victims, who spoke in an interview with the Ghana News Agency said Afa Mohammadu who performed his baby boy's out-dooring served a lot of people invited to the ceremony and he himself has been admitted at the same hospital.

As at the time of filing the story on Tuesday evening a vehicle had been dispatched to convey more victims from the village which is 68 kilometres from Yendi.

No death has however, been recorded and the hospital Authorities were working feverishly to treat the victims.

According to the Cuban doctor, Dr Amando Sailo, and the principal medical assistant, Mr Alhassan Sumani, 19 people are in critical conditions.

body-container-line