Incompetent contractors lose contracts
Kade (E/R), Dec. 23, GNA - A number of contractors who were unable to execute projects awarded to them by the Kwaebibirem District Assembly between 1995 and 1999 have had their contracts abrogated. Tender documents of the projects have been prepared and the District Tender Board would soon meet to re-award them to more competent contractors.
The Kwaebibirim District Chief Executive (DCE) Mr Yaw Yiadom Boakye, announced this at a meeting of the Assembly at Kade. He named some of the projects as a six-unit classroom block for the Kade Methodist Primary School and a three-classroom block each for the Kade Presbyterian and Nkwantanan Islamic Primary Schools.
Others were the cladding of a six-unit classroom block each for the Abaam, Abenaso and Ntronang L/A Primary Schools and the rehabilitation of a three-unit classroom block at Nkwakwaakrom Number Four. Mr Yiadom Boakye said the six-unit classroom block project for the Abaam Roman Catholic Primary School had already been re-awarded. He said it was the policy of the Assembly to continue to provide school infrastructure to all schools.
The DCE told the meeting that when the Senior Secondary Schools re-opened at the beginning of this academic year, the Assembly received "SOS" requests for tables, chairs and beds from all the SSS in the district.
He said the Assembly had as a result started the supply of 200 tables and chairs and double-decker beds to the St Roses, Kade Sec-Tech and Salvation Army Secondary Schools.
The Assembly had also completed the first phase of the rehabilitation of hand-dug wells and the installation of water pump machine and pipeline for St. Roses Secondary School at a cost of twenty-six million cedis.
Mr. Yiadom-Boakye said as at November, the Assembly had collected 859,509,918 cedis as against the 980,386,000 cedis of the budgeted revenue.