modernghana logo

FEATURED STORY Tithe Paying Is Certainly A Sin...

31 August 2011 | General News

Muslims in Ashanti mark Eid-ul-Fitr


Kumasi, Aug. 31, GNA – Sheikh Mohammed Kamil Mohammed, Ashanti Regional Chief Imam of the Al-sunna Wal Jamaa, has advised Muslims to shun religious and communal violence, which are unhelpful to national development.

He said it was important for all to appreciate that no country could make progress amidst chaos and confusion.

Sheikh Mohammed gave the advice after he had led a large congregation of Muslims at special prayers to mark the Eid-ul-Fitr at Old Tafo in Kumasi on Tuesday.

He said it was important after their 30 days of fasting to uphold the values of peace, tolerance, kindness, compassion and forgiveness.

Sheikh Mohammed also encouraged them to give priority attention to secular education, saying it should not be lost on them that education was the bedrock of the development.

He encouraged parents to inculcate in their children good moral values to protect them from social vices like drug abuse, HIV/AIDS and homosexuality.

The Chief Imam expressed worry about political turmoil in Libya, Syria and Somalia and called on Muslims to pray unceasingly for peace in those countries.

They said special prayers for the political leadership, stability and prosperity of the nation.


quot-img-1"The corrupt ministers will pocket 90% and still fight with the people over the rest 10%.

By: FRANCIS TAWIAH(Duisb quot-img-1