FEATURED: Let's Embed Rawlings' Values In The National Psyche — Parliament...

13.12.2010 Crime & Punishment

Man Chops Boy Into Pieces

By Daily Guide
Listen to article

THE WINNEBA District Police Command is investigating the circumstances that led to a 25-year-old man, Seidu Sabitu, allegedly killing and dismembering a 7-year-old boy, Abubakar Sadick in a nearby bush around the STC area at the North Campus of the University of Education, Winneba (UEW).

The mutilated remains of Sadick were found in three pieces comprising his head, his upper part and his legs, scattered at the murder scene.

According to reports, the young boy, who had closed from school, met his untimely death when Sabitu, who stays in the same area at Winneba Zongo, told him to accompany him to buy something.

The suspect, who is in police custody, will soon be put before a court in Winneba while the lifeless body of Sadick has been deposited at the Winneba Government Hospital for autopsy.

Briefing DAILY GUIDE, the Winneba District Police Commander, Martin Asamoah, said on Tuesday, December 7, 2010 at about 9:30pm, Sulemana Djimah reported to his outfit that his child was missing.

The deputy superintendent of police stated that the family of Sadick, who had earlier had information that the suspect was seen moving with the deceased, then confronted the suspect who admitted that he was with the boy but that he had killed him.

According to Mr. Asamoah, the suspect told the family that on reaching STC, he picked an iron bar and hit the boy on both shoulders and he fell unconscious, after which he took a cutlass from his bag and slashed him into three parts which he threw at different locations.

Upon a search of the area, the family members, accompanied by the suspect, located the dismembered body of little Sadick and the suspect was handed over to the police who took him back to the crime scene and retrieved the remains of the boy.

DSP Asamoah added that Sabitu claimed he was influenced by a bad spirit.

It would be recalled that residents of Sea, near Assin Gangan in the Assin Foso District of the Central Region, a week ago were shocked when a 24-year-old man, Mensah Adukatse killed and beheaded his 3-year-old son, Kojo Adukatse, in a nearby bush under bizarre circumstances.

He claimed he needed his son's head to get rich, as a Kumasi-based Mallam had promised him GH¢35,000 in exchange for the head.

From Sarah Afful, Cape Coast

Modern Ghana Links