ModernGhanalogo

FEATURED: The Bushy Roads In The City Of Accra: Who Is Sleeping On The Job?...

body-container-line-1
10.08.2010 General News

Exploding fire extinguisher kills student in Kumasi

By myjoyonline
Exploding fire extinguisher kills student in Kumasi


A twenty-four year old polytechnic student has been killed in an explosion at Akwatia Line, a suburb of Kumasi, after the fire extinguisher he had refilled for a client exploded.

The deceased, Clement Opoku, 24, died instantly after the industrial fire extinguisher exploded and the impact blew his head into pieces Tuesday morning.

Luv FM's Elton John Brobbey who visited the accident scene said the deceased was engaged in a daily routine of cleaning and refilling the extinguishers when one exploded in his hands.

Relatives and friends have expressed shock at the sudden death of Opoku.

Meanwhile the body has been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital's morgue pending police investigations.

Story by Myjoyonline.com/Joy News/Ghana





body-container-line