It was a great torture watching Ghana in the second half against Germany in a match we had our destinies in our own hands. Thanks to God for Australia's 2-1 win over Serbia.
Of great significance to me is some of the tactical play from the sidelines we have witnessed from our Coach Milovan Rajevac. I think Coach Milo has done a great job for Ghana to be fair to him but he still needs to do a bit more to ensure Ghana makes history at this World cup.
Ghana played well in the first half but struggled immensely at some points in the second half. For me the key areas were mainly our weakness on the right. John Paintsil looked shaky anytime the ball came through the right. I think Paintsil's form has dipped a bit after his injury and it will be fair to say let's give Samuel Inkoom a chance.
I couldn't understand why the coach has kept this quality asset on the bench when it is very clear that Paintsil is struggling. Paintsil can't tackle cleanly without looking to commit a foul neither can he cross decently into the box. I watched Ghana versus Latvia and I can tell you without an iota of a doubt that Samuel Inkoom is our 'Danny Alves' or 'Cafu'. Some have argued he hasn't got great height. How tall was Maradonna when he shook the world? How tall is Messi just to mention a few?
The changes of the coach have been come a bit too late in games and I would call on him to try and make his changes early. Again, I am sure Inkoom will do a better job on the right than Prince Tagoe. Mr. Rajevac, please understand that Prince Tagoe is a striker and nor a right midfielder. Tagoe did well against Serbia but has looked slow at times and his crosses not been the best. Please you can use Quincy or Inkoom on the right and also try and bring Sulley in early. At last please change Kwadwo Asamoah for Stephen Appiah when Kwadwo struggles. I think 20 minutes for Stephen with help change things when we struggle to unlock the opponents defence.
We have a great chance to go into the quarter finals if we can address these issues raised.
Below is my suggested line-up against USA. 4-5-1 Formation.
1. Kingston . He was fantastic against the Germans. He will keep his place.
2. Samuel Inkoom. We need his pace and good crosses on the right. Remember the Americans are fast.
3. Hans Sarpei. He has been in great shape.
4. Vorsah if fit ( Jonathan Mensah to replace him if not fully fit)
5. John Mensah ( Captain fantastic well done)
6. Anthony Annan. What a fantastic player he is.
7. Quincy Owusu-Abeyie. His pace and trickery will come in handy against the Americans. He needs to track back anything we loose the ball though.
8. Kevin Prince Boateng. He has been one of Ghana's finest players of the tourney so far.
9. Asamoah Gyan. He needs to take his chances well and must look to release and make assist for others to score if not in a clear scoring position.
10. Kwadwo Asamoah. He is due a goal in this tournament. It will come soon.
11. 11. Dede Ayew. I have been very impressed with him so far. He has held the ball very well. Not giving it away too much. Has tracked back so well.
Come on Ghana beat the Yankees and Make history!!!
(This writer is always asking intuitive questions that will aid national development. My objective is to see a 'corruption free' Ghana where people are given equal opportunities to excel irrespective of their tribe, colour, creed, religion, gender or age. Join Kweku Objective on this crusade) God Bless you!
Contacts: Email: [email protected] Facebook: Kweku Objective
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not neccessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana. Modern Ghana will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article."
Reproduction is authorised provided the author's permission is granted.