I know the indiscipline in the Stars camp has been unbecoming at times especially when it has a certain name Mr. Sulley Ali Muntari to it. From the infamous boycott of the Angolan friendly to confronting a Sports minister we all accept that Sulley is a troublesome character at times if not all the time.
A couple of days ago the news broke in the stars camp that Muntari has reacted angrily to the coach and the coach subsequently refused to accept his apology. Checking the facts of the case, I realise that Sulley has a point here.
First of all, Sulley made a great contribution to the game when he came on as a substitute. His delivery into the box was much better and genuinely I felt the coach should have brought him on earlier.
Secondly, the coach must learn to blend experience with youthfulness which I don't think we are doing too well with that at the moment. Although I support his decision to start with Ayew which has paid off , I think Sulley can be used in the middle or on the left and Ayew could very well be switched to the right where he made the that crucial incursion into the Australian penalty box and created the penalty for Ghana on Saturday.
However, Sulley should understand that he is not the only star player in this situation the likes of Appiah are all on the bench but have remained calm and respectful to the coach so instead of reacting angrily he has to prove himself with every second he gets on the pitch and that will earn more playing time in the big games.
Below is my recommended staring 11 against Germany. This is a 4-4-2 formation.
1. Kingston ( Still our No.1 really compared to the other inexperienced goalies)
2. Inkoom (Will give us good pace on the right with good crosses into the German box. I think he is better than Paintsil in terms of pace, crosses and recovery)
3. Sarpei (Has looked very composed on the ball so far)
4. John Mensah ( If fit)
5. Vorsah (If fit)
6. Annan ( Has been a rock in the middle so far with some good distribution)
7. Kevin-Prince Boateng (That is his natural position. To give us width and send some good crosses into the box for Tagoe and Gyan)
8. Kwadwo Asamoah ( I think he needs a lot more room to operate from the middle)
9. Prince Tagoe ( Bring on Appiah/Adiyiah if we need to change things after 60 minutes)
10. Asamoah Gyan (Partner with Tagoe upfront and terrorises the German defence right from the start of the game)
11. Dede Ayew (Bring in Muntari after 60 minutes if things needs to be changed)
Contacts: Email: [email protected] Facebook: Kweku Objective. Thanks.
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not neccessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana. Modern Ghana will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article."
Reproduction is authorised provided the author's permission is granted.