After watching Ghana's historic 1-0 win over the Serbs on Sunday I have decided to release my intended starting 11 against Australia in a possible 4-4-1-1 formation.
I think this match will be a lot more difficult than we think since the Socceroos are going to do everything possible to attack and get something out of this game. Certainly for the Black Stars a win very well guarantee our place in the round of 16.
1. Richard Kingson. He did very well on Sunday and pulled off a match winning save to ensure Ghana's victory.
2. Samuel Inkoom. I prefer Inkoom to John Pantsil due to the work rate and the quality of crosses he puts into the opponent box. Inkoom recovers, has pace, can go forward very well as well and has good eye for goal. I couldn't count one quality cross from Pantsil on Sunday except for that exceptional throw which resulted in Gyan hitting the post. Pantsil was suspect on Sunday and I doubt his readiness to take on someone like Harry Kwell if he is picked on Saturday. Thus I will settle for Inkoom.
3.Han Adu-Sarpei. He was very composed and recovered very well on Sunday. He showed class and experience.
5. John Mensah
4. Isaac Vorsah
The pair played well very good on Sunday. With a little more playing time together, they will gel well and even become better.
6. Anthony Annan. He was in fine form on Sunday and will maintain his position. He passed very well and has now been billed as the next Michael Essien.
7. Prince Tagoe. He did so well on Sunday and to his credit British ITV voted for him as their man of the match.
8. Kevin Prince Boateng. One of our best performers on Sunday. He really worked his socks off and helped to win the penalty. Got good eye for goal. Very confident he will get a goal before the end of the tourney.
11. Dede Ayew. His work rate was unquestionable. Shielded his left back very well. Made some good incursions into the Serbian box. Must improve on his crossing though.
9. Asamoah Gyan. He is proving to become one of Africa's finest. His conversion rate is improving with time. Man of the man on Sunday. He will have another run upfront.
10. Kwodwo Asamoah.
He did well on Sunday but should be encouraged to deliver some on his ferocious left foot shoots and might just be able to get some goals.
Other Tactical plan
Will rotate Kevin, Tagoe and Ayew to give the Australian defence a new problem to solve at various points in the game.
Prediction: Ghana 2- Australia 1.
(This writer is always asking intuitive questions that will aid national development. My objective is to see a 'corruption free' Ghana where people are given equal opportunities to excel irrespective of their tribe, colour, creed, religion, gender or age. Join Kweku Objective on this crusade) God Bless you!
Contacts: Email: [email protected] Facebook: Kweku Objective
Disclaimer: "The views/contents expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author(s) and do not neccessarily reflect those of Modern Ghana. Modern Ghana will not be responsible or liable for any inaccurate or incorrect statements contained in this article."
Reproduction is authorised provided the author's permission is granted.