FEATURED: The Bushy Roads In The City Of Accra: Who Is Sleeping On The Job?...

18.03.2009 Disaster

Fire razes down house


Fire on Tuesday gutted a house at Adwumam-Manhyia in the Kwabre East District and destroyed property worth thousands of Ghana cedis.

The fire destroyed computers, fridges, wax prints and furniture.

Mr. Stephen Yaw Saahene, the landlord, told the Ghana News Agency that in the early hours of that day a tenant saw smoke coming out from one of the rooms that was not occupied by anybody.

He said no sooner had he spotted the smoke than the room caught fire and in no time the entire building was in flames.

Mr Saahene said he informed the Mamponteng branch of the Ghana National Fire Service and they responded immediately and brought the situation under control.

He said 40 tenants were putting up with their relatives and friends and appealed to the National Disaster and Management Organization (NADMO) to come to their aid.

The Mamponteng Police confirmed the incident and said investigations were underway.