CHANGING IMAGES OF WOMEN IN GHANA PHOTO COMPETITION
CHANGING IMAGES OF WOMEN IN GHANA
The Women's Empowerment RPC is running a national photography competition in Ghana.
Who are we
WE RPC is an international research consortium, which brings together academics, activists and practitioners working to advance women locally regionally and through global policy processes. The consortium brings into partnership 5 research institutions of excellence in policy, advocacy and applied feminist research on women's empowerment. Each centre is a focal point for regional networking, research and dialogue, bringing together researchers, activists, policy makers and practitioner partners from across the region, and working in close association with UNIFEM to contribute their experience and create opportunities for action research both at regional and international levels.
Explaining the theme
'Changing images of Women in Ghana' will confront existing myths and stereotypes of women. The photographs can be entered into 4 different categories or sub-themes. Each applicant can enter a maximum of 6 photographs in each category. The sub-themes of the competition are women's empowerment, work, sexuality, and building constituencies.
Advertise the competition Beginning May 2008
Briefing meeting with potential applicants 15th May 2008
Submission date 15th June 2008
The main prize is a 400D digital camera. But all short listed and winning images will be exhibited locally and possible internationally. The proceeds of any images will be going to the artist. The RPC will always credit the individual photographer, and the full copyright remains with the photographer. RPC will use the images to chance the conception of women in Ghana and to provoke discussion.
Please remember all images must be documentary/reportage photography!
- When taking the image always shoot on highest quality jpeg, tiff or ideally raw file formats. Never shoot on low quality jpegs! If you shoot on low quality we will not be able to print them to exhibition size.
- Save the images you select for the competition as high resolution jpegs or as tiffs. Please make a word document with your name and contact details and caption for each image. The caption should give details of the person you and/or your reason for shooting that image.
- Burn the images and word document onto a CD and deliver to Akofa….
- Remember also to write your name and contact details on the CD!
- After the end of the competition you are free to pick up your CD.
- Enter prints into the competition; please give each one a number.
- Please include a written document with your name and contact details and caption for each image. The caption should give details of the person you shot, and/or your reason for shooting that image.
- Put the prints and text document in an envelope and deliver to Akofa.
- After the end of the competition you are free to pick up your prints.
for more information http://pathwaysghana.blogspot.com/2008/05/changing-images-of-women-in-ghana.html