Modern Ghana logo

FEATURED: [trailer] Anas To Drop Shocking Video On Children At Orphanage Eating ...

body-container-line
21.11.2007 General News

More Service Personnel posted to Birim South District

By GNA


Five hundred and sixty-six national service personnel were posted to Birim South District Secretariat of Ghana National Service Scheme this year as compared to 168 personnel posted in 2006.

Mr Samuel Ayim Ankomah, Birim South District Co-ordinator, speaking to Ghana News Agency at Akim Oda said 322 of the personnel were mandatory while 244 were posted under the National Youth Employment Programme.

Last year, 89 of them were mandatory personnel and 79 under NYEP. 

Mr Ankomah described the increase as impressive and disclosed that 80 per cent of the personnel were posted to the Birim South District Directorate of Ghana Education Service and the remaining 20 per cent to agencies and decentralised departments.

He noted that the programme was a useful exercise to prepare graduates after their education before acquiring permanent employment and advised them to accept postings and work diligently at their various stations.

Mr Ankomah said the assembly was constructing transit quarters for service personnel to ease accommodation problems.

Source: GNA

body-container-line