The Committee for Joint Action says it will go ahead with its planned procession on March 6 in spite of police refusal to provide them protection.
The CJA announced the decision last week to hold the procession for what it called the down-trodden in society who the committee claims have been left out of the independence celebrations.
The Regional Police Command however said the procession should come on about two weeks after the stipulated date because the police would be occupied participating in the anniversary march and also providing security for visiting dignitaries.
A spokesman for the CJA, Kyeretwie Opoku dismissed suggestions that the procession would seek to embarrass the government.
The group is also disputing suggestions that they will be breaking the public order act if they went ahead with the procession in spite of the objections from the police.